Skip navigation
MagooOnSafari1
Currently Being Moderated

I am facing activation issues with Lightroom 4

Jul 25, 2012 5:01 PM

hi, do you, dear Adobe people really only own ONE working computer? i have a laptop for going out and a MacPro for heavy lifting. please allow me to buy one licence as i'm only using it one at a time...

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

MagooOnSafari1 are you receiving an error message that you have exceeded your activation count?  Which Adobe product are you trying to install?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

MagooOnSafari you are welcome to install Lightroom 3 on up to two different computers.  You can find more details in the End User License Agreement at http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/#desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 5:03 PM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

MagooOnSafari1 I have branched this out to a new discussion.  You are welcome to install Lightroom 4 on up to two computers as well.  Are you receiving an error message which is indicating that you can't?  Also which operating system are you using?

If you are facing difficulty with your Creative Cloud subscription then you will want to contact our support team to work with them directly.  This is simply due to the personal information which will need to be exchanged which would not be appropriate in a public forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

But are you receiving a message which is leading you to believe you are unable to install Lightroom 4 on two different computers?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

MagooOnSafari1 to install Lightroom from your Creative Cloud subscription you will want to install it from the Adobe Application Manager.  The Adobe Application Manager, for Creative Cloud, can be located inside your Applications folder.  Please open the Adobe Application Manager and try installing Photoshop Lightroom 4 from there.  It should not be necessary to remove your prior installation of Lightroom 4 prior to installing from the Adobe Application Manager.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

I see this explains much of the confusion.  I would recommend you review Education FAQ -http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html.  In particular make sure you have submitted your proof of eligibility.  If you have already accomplished this then you will want to review the section regarding checking the status of your order.

Lightroom is only available to Creative Cloud users who currently have a paid subscription.  Until your eligibility for the education discount to the Creative Cloud has been approved you will not be able to install a fully licensed version of Lightroom from the Creative Cloud. 

You are certainly welcome to utilize the 30 day trial of Lightroom and the Creative Cloud until then unless your trial period has expired as well?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

MagooOnSafari I would recommend contacting our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 10:40 AM   in reply to MagooOnSafari1

MagooOnSafari1 I reviewed your records but it doesn't appear you have a phone number listed under your accounts.  Can you please private message me with your contact phone number and I will request a member of our support team contact you.

It is possible that you will need to set up an Adobe account which matches the billing address for the credit card you wish to use as payment.  You can certainly discuss this though in more detail with the member of our support team.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)