Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dynamic link from Premier to AE CS6 not working well

Jul 25, 2012 12:17 PM

Tags: #size #match #must #"layer #"dynamic #link" #composition"

Just downloaded CS6 2 days ago and today I tried converting a HDV video sequence with two titles on tracks 2 & 3 into an After Effects comp.

So AE launched and all copied over but my two titles came over as black solids! So I deleted them then I right clicked on the 1440x1080 HDV video layer in the HDV comp and choose Track Camera, it spent some time anlayzing the video and then said "Layer size must match Composition"

So seems to be some bugs in the whole dynamic link transfer system between premier pro and AE in CS6 ???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to federatedfilms

I'm not exactly following your workflow. From PPro you selected the video tracks you wanted to bring into AE, right clicked, and then selected Open as After Effects Composition. That should work.

If you brought a HDV clip into AE by copying it from PPro and pasting into AE then the Comp size must match the clip size for camera tracker to work. Your 1440 X 1080 clip will fit perfectly in a 1920 X 1080 comp but the camera tracker won't work. That's normal. Match the comp and the clip and you'll be fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to federatedfilms

Can you post a link to about 10 frames of the sample video with the same codec so I can test it on my system?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 4:23 PM   in reply to federatedfilms

Dynamic Link is designed to bring over footage items, but titles are created dynamically inside Premiere and do not exist as footage first.  As a result, I am not surprised they do not come into AE through the dynamic link.

The best workflow is to start with the superior text manipulation inside After Effects.  You can get much more control and power from within AE.  If you aren't sure how to start working on text there, there are many, many excellent free tutorials at CreativeCow.net or paid instructional videos with Lynda.com or Video2Brain.com.

Otherwise, do not bring the titles into AE - make any adjustments you want to make to your footage, and keep the titles separate.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 5:03 PM   in reply to federatedfilms

I missed the part about Premiere Titles coming in as black solids. That's normal. Premiere Titles have never been supported in AE.

Did the footage come in or were you just bringing in the titles?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to federatedfilms

Not only PrPro titles but also some transitions and effects are not translated from PrPro to AE via Dynamic Links. This is the limitation.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to federatedfilms

Unbelievable and a shame that something so simple as text does not carry over. Ridiculous.  Even if the text was not formatted or sized correctly,  it would be better than a black solid!  With all of the integration claims this is truly, mind-numbingly stupid.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points