Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

BlazeDS in the Apache Software Foundation

May 1, 2012 7:47 AM

[Reposting the message once again]

Hello Friends,

As you may know, Adobe has promised to contribute BlazeDS to Apache.  It could be a separate project (which would make sense technically), but an Apache project also needs an active community.  An alternative plan would be to add the code to the Flex project in Apache.  So, I want to know:  Do you want to contribute to BlazeDS?  What changes would you want to make to BlazeDS?  How often do you think you would be able to contribute?

Thanks,

Rohit

BlazeDS Team

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2012 11:45 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

+1 for adding BlazeDS to the Apache Flex codebase.  I think our community will be best suited to make contributions to BlazeDS as it comprises folks who use both these technologies extensively. 

Personally, my goal is to contribute to BlazeDS as much as my time permits. 

Thanks,

Om

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 12:50 PM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

I think you will find it hard to recruit a 'community' to support BlazeDS. BlazeDS is a useful component of an architecture that includes Flex, both for beginners and for those on a budget. There have been many modifications/hacks made to allow BlazeDS to run in different environments and there would no doubt be people/companies (some of who I have talked to) that would like to contribute their code, at least to have things consolidated. Having this be visibile and accessible to the Apache Flex community would likely draw more support/contributions.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 4:58 PM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

I would absolutely contribute to BlazeDS, too. And I'm all for putting it with the Apache Flex codebase.

- Doug

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 5:52 PM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

+1 as well for contributing BlazeDS to the Apache Flex project.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

+1

Hello, I think that BlazeDS has a lot to evolve further and the community is willing to support the product. I have great interest in contributing and continuing the project!

Regards!

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 7:45 PM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

I have a project based on BlazeDS recently released to production for a major energy firm with more to come.  It would be great to see continuous support to BlazeDS either under Adobe or Apache. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

>What changes would you want to make to BlazeDS?

Servlet 3 / NIO support.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

Posting BlazeDS to the Aphace Foundation under an Apache License is one of the best ways to ensure its survival.
    One of the reason many entities are put off from using it is the LGPL License which many legal depts see as prohibiting its use alongside proprietry code.

The removal of this might widen its use and cause those of us who build and recomend such systems to use and contribute to it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 10:16 PM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

Flashmobile (FlexMobile) Air solutions for android/ios have amazing potential. We use a C# asp.net backend with fluorine and blazeDS on the client side. I'm not aware of a better rapid development approach to get business applications available on mobile apps that also easily talk back to an enterprise/corporate server. I'm absolutely interested in the survival, prosperity, and growth of this product.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

Rohit, any word on the status of donation?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 11:50 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

Is there any updates on the Apache/BlazeDS thingy? I've been working on BlazeDS but always doubt if to touch the current code in the trunk or keep using the (outdated?) official builds...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 1:34 AM   in reply to migueldiab

migueldiab,

do you know if BlazeDS is outdated? I have this strage feeling it is wildly outdated.

Thanks...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

Rohit . Kumar, could you please tell me how I can find the latest development done on BlazeDS? Are development of BlazeDS new versions currently stalled?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 4:01 AM   in reply to ravindranathakila

http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/blazeds/branches/

You can find there the latest branches for BlazeDS in Sourceforge... I'm afraid it could be a little outdated, still it's a very relevant communication solution and we are using it in PROD with several thousand connections with both, Push messages and Polling...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to Rohit . Kumar

Any status on the migration of BlazeDS to Apache?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)