Has anyone experienced slow downs when trying to open PDF links via a website from within Firefox v3.6.25? After we updated Acrobat 9.4.7 Standard to 9.5.0, we are experiecing slow downs. I should note that we are on Windows XP - SP3 with all the latest Microsoft updates.
I have XP SP3, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Chrome as the default browser. App is updated. When a pdf is open in Acrobat Pro and I click an embedded link, it takes 20 seconds to open in Chrome. If I open the pdf in Adobe Reader on the same computer, the link opens in Chrome immediately. It is very frustrating when I'm developing a pdf file with embedded links and go to test them. I have to open the file in Reader to get around this. I just did the repair and problem still exists.
The "Fix" I figured out was to perform the following.
1. Run Acrobat Repair, Reboot system
2. Run Office 2007 Repair, Reboot system
3. This issue can be caused by McAfee as it deletes a file needed by Acrobat and Office.
After running this process, the PDF's open up normally now. Sorry I should have updated this sooner as we are now updated to Firefox 10.0.6esr edition.