• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 Corrupts Bookmark Links on Drop-down Text Link

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when upgrading RH9 projects to RH10, that RH10 will corrupt (e.g., "Broken Link") all bookmarks set on a drop-down text link. For example, I have a head "Changing the Status in PowerFlow" which when clicked, drops-down a chunk of text. The head is also included as a bookmark, "Changing_the_Status_in_PowerFlow".

These all worked perfectly in RH9 and I've tested the upgrade to RH10 multiple times with the exact same outcome. Bookmarks not associated with drop-down text are unaffected. Note the three MM-4000 broken links, which are associated with drop-downs; there is a fourth bookmark, not associated with a drop-down link, that is accessible:

Broken Links.jpgBroken Links 2.jpg

RH10 inserts a "#" into the bookmark link, producing a "The filename is invalid. The "#" character cannot be used in a path." error. The bookmarks no longer show up in Project Files, but do show on the topic page (with highlighting) and in the bookmark dialog, but the bookmark on the page does not get selected -- as normal -- in the bookmark dialog.

When compiled as a WebHelp project, the bookmarks work as expected. I'm not sure what the correct syntax is for a legit bookmark, and searching for "#Changing..." and deleting the "#" removes the selection from the Broken Links list, but changes no other behavior.

If anyone has any other fixit ideas, I'd be appreciative: I have hundreds of these throughout multiple projects. Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

hi Flaven,

I downloaded the project file, and looked at the issue. The issue is very specific, just to let all the other people aware, the issue, if you create a DHTML text (dropdown or expanding), and then on that DHTML text you apply bookmark, then upgrade the project to RH10, the bookmark does not appear.

The same is the case if you create a new project in RH10 and add bookmark to DHTML text, then bookmark does not appear in the project mgr pod.

I have a fix for this issue, the fix is to run a s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ross

I just created a dropdown in a Rh9 project and bookmarked it. In another topic I created a link to the bookmark and tested it. It worked as expected.

Then I upgraded the project to Rh10 and it still worked.

Are you able to create a new project in Rh9 and test the upgrade with that?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. New bookmarks of this sort in RH10 work as expected. I uninstalled RH9 and am only working in RH10 at this point--for whatever reason, every single project I had previously created (or upgraded to) in RH9 express this odd behavior, so it may be a carryover from RH7 to RH8 to Rh9...you get the drift. Since the bookmarks work, despite the Broken Link report, I'm leaving well enough alone at this point. If others experience a similar oddity, then it may be worth follow-up--since it's just me at this point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're happy with it, I'm happy. Will keep this in mind if anyone else posts.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter: you're the cat's meow. If it does crop up on someone else, I'll pitch in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Flaven,

Can you please share project so that RoboHelp team can look into the issue, you can upload the project @ acrobat.com and share it with me praful@adobe.com

this way the RH team will take a better look at the issue and provide some solution to the community.

thanks

Praful

Adobe RoboHelp team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Praful. I sent you a zip file via YouSendIt and you should have received a notification by now from YouSendIt that the file is available for download. If you have not received the notification, please check your spam folder (I love telling people to do that...<G>)--or I can send you the download link directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Flaven,

I downloaded the project file, and looked at the issue. The issue is very specific, just to let all the other people aware, the issue, if you create a DHTML text (dropdown or expanding), and then on that DHTML text you apply bookmark, then upgrade the project to RH10, the bookmark does not appear.

The same is the case if you create a new project in RH10 and add bookmark to DHTML text, then bookmark does not appear in the project mgr pod.

I have a fix for this issue, the fix is to run a script which is shared @ https://acrobat.com/#d=iwwPZbRDHT-oJ1gSp6Kc6w

you need to follow the following steps

• Download the script file.
  • Open RoboHelp project, click View>pod>script Explorer
  • in the script explorer, right click and select import and select the downloaded script file.
  • Take backup of your project where DHTML issue is happening.
  • Open the project, open the script explorer pod, right click on the new script file and select run.
  • the script will fix the whole project and all the bookmarks will start working fine.

The script is just a workaround, till the time RoboHelp engineering team fixes this issue,

thanks

Praful Jain

Adobe RoboHelp team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job, Praful!

Question on this. Does the script only need to be run once? Or will it need to be run repeatedly after a specific set of events?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said earlier, this is just a workaround not a complete fix, if you are creating bookmarks on DHTML text only then you need to run this script. otherwise bookmarks are working fine, so most of the users will not require this script.

Also if you want to add bookmark to DHTML text, better to add bookmark before the start of the text, instead of on the DHTML text, then script is not required.

the issue occurs only when bookmark and DHTML text are overlapping.

thanks

Praful Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Praful: that worked like a charm. I noted no issues running the script and the outcome was perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, I always think Extendscript to be an extension to RoboHelp. We can extend RoboHelp and come up with many new features using extendscript feature.

Please mark the forum link as answered so that community can get direct answer to the problem.

thanks

Praful Jain

Adobe RoboHelp Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi--I am now having this problem. I wanted to download the script, but the link provided does not lead there.

Is there an alternate link?

Thanks, Cara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the case.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the script URL has changed a bit due to changes in acrobat.com the new URL is

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=iwwPZbRDHT-oJ1gSp6Kc6w

Please follow the steps provided above in the post to run this script.

Thanks

Praful Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you hear me cheering over there? Worked like a charm--THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since workspaces.acrobat.com is retiring soon, placing the (above) refered file here itself:

---------------------------------------------------------

/***********************************************************************************************************

* $$FileName                    Fix DHTML bookmark issue in RH10.jsx

* $$Description                    In RH10, DHTML text with bookmark information is not coming up fine in project manager pod. this script fixes the issue

* Author                              Praful Jain

* Copyright (c) 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.

************************************************************************************************************/

main();

function main()

{

//check if the project is open or not

if(RoboHelp.project != undefined )

{

if(IsRoboHelp10())

{

DoWork ();

}

else

{

alert("This script is written for RH10 users only");

}

}

else

alert("Open Project and then run the script");

}

function msg(szString)

{

RoboHelp.project.outputMessage (szString);

}

function IsRoboHelp10() {

//get the RoboHelp version

var versionString = RoboHelp.version;

var iVersion = parseInt(versionString);

return (iVersion == 10);

}

function DoWork()

{

msg("\nTraversing the project.............\n");

//parse though every thing and count the words

var tpMgr = RoboHelp.project.TopicManager;

var snpMgr = RoboHelp.project.SnippetManager;

msg("****************Started Traversing Topics now*********************\n");

TraverseManager(tpMgr,true);

msg("****************Started Traversing Snippets now*********************\n");

TraverseManager(snpMgr,false);

msg("**************************************************************************************\n");

msg("Fixed the whole project\n");

}

function TraverseManager(mgr,bTopic)

{

var nCount = 0;

for(var index=1;index<=mgr.count;index++)

{

//for each item, get the file path

var file = mgr.item(index);

var filename;

if(bTopic)

filename = file.filename;

else

filename = file.name + file.extension;

PatchTopicForDHTMLBookmark(file.path,filename);

}

}

function PatchTopicForDHTMLBookmark(filepath,filename)

{

msg('Travsersing File '+filename+'\n');

var bBodyFound=false;

//we need to get token Manager

var nCount = 0;

var tknmgr = RoboHelp.getTokenManager (filepath);

var bSave=false;

var token = tknmgr.item(1);

while (isValidType(token))

{

if(token.tokenType == RoboHelp.TokenType.TOKENXMLPI )

{

var strTokenName = token.name;

var strTokenLowerCase=strTokenName;

strTokenLowerCase = strTokenLowerCase.toLowerCase();

if(strTokenLowerCase.search("<?rh-dropspot_start")!=-1 || strTokenLowerCase.search("<?rh-expandspot_start")!=-1)

{

var startIndex = strTokenLowerCase.indexOf("name=\"");

if(startIndex!=-1)

{

var endIndex = strTokenLowerCase.indexOf('"',startIndex+6);

if(endIndex!=-1)

{

var lenBookmark = endIndex - startIndex-6;

var strBookmarkName=strTokenName.substr(startIndex+6,lenBookmark);

if(!isEmptyString(strBookmarkName))

{

//we need to create a new bookmark before this and delete this name attribute

var strNewTokenText = strTokenName.substr(0,startIndex);

strNewTokenText += strTokenName.substr(endIndex+1);

var strBookmarkHTML = '<a name="'+strBookmarkName+'"></a>'+strNewTokenText;

token.insertText(strBookmarkHTML,false);

token.delete();

bSave = true;

}

}

}

}

}

token = token.next;

}

if(bSave)

{

msg('\t\tFixed DHTML bookmarks in file '+filename+'\n');

tknmgr.save();

}

tknmgr.close();

return nCount;

}

function isValidType(value) {

if (typeof (value) !== 'undefined' && value != null) {

return true;

}

return false;

}

function isEmptyString(szString) {

var bRetVal = true;

if (isValidType(szString)) {

szString = trim(szString);

bRetVal = szString.length == 0;

}

return bRetVal;

}

function trim(szString) {

return szString.replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g, "");

}

---------------------------------------------------------

~Amit Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp