Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where is the HDV export to tape temp file?

Jul 26, 2012 9:25 AM

Tags: #file #rendering #exporting #format #adobe_premiere_pro_cs3

I'm having a lot of trouble exporting an HDV timeline to tape from Premiere Pro CS3.2. It seems to render fine, but then when I try to record it, I get a "check HDV/DV connection" error on the camera. I'd like to get the m2t file it rendered onto another computer I have so that's much more powerful and can more quickly transcode it to H.264 using Media Encoder CS6. Is this file still on my computer somewhere for me to find?

Specs:

--Footage originally shot on a Canon XH-A1s at HDV 24F; captured from camera using HDV split.

--Edited in PPro CS3.2 in an HDV 24p timeline. (PPro treated the source clips as native.) Finished film is 14 minutes long.

--Trying to output back to same camera.

--Computer is slowish but works fine: Dell Optiplex 720, 3.33GHz Core2 Duo, 3G RAM

I suspect the problem has to do with trying to export a 24p timeline to a device that is technically 24F.

I tried exporting an uncompressed 1920x1080 WMV file yesterday, but after over four hours of rendering time, the resulting file has some very weird artifacts in it. I can get a "perfect" archive copy later, but right now I'm under a time crunch to get the film in three versions: BluRay, SD DVD, HD H.264 file. Right now I'm rendering out the H.264 file, but it's taking a very long time. Considering how slow this computer is to render, I'm hoping to get that HDV export-to-tape render file onto the newer computer for faster transcoding.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to sminnis

While the sequence is being rendered, disconnect the camcorder and wait until the rendering is finished. Don't close the window but browse to your scratch disc. You'll find a file called "hdvexport.hdv". Rename or copy it using m2t as extension. That's your sequence rendered in HDV.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points