Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Help - Canon Mark IV CR2's won't open in ACR from Bridge CS3

Jul 24, 2012 1:42 PM

Hello, I have CS3 - Bridge version 2.1.1.9 and I've uploaded 200 RAW images that show up blank.  The files show 21 mb and as a .CR2, show up in the camera, however, no previews in Bridge.

Do I need a newer version of Bridge and ACR?

Thanks,

Captain

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,488 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 24, 2012 7:27 PM   in reply to Captain1854

Canon what Mark IV? EOS-1D?

You can find out what versions of Camera Raw support what cameras here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cam eras.html

Note that Photoshop CS3 supports only Camera Raw 4.x.  EOS-1D Mark IV requires 5.6.

You'll have to use the free DNG Converter solution provided by Adobe since your camera requires Camera Raw version 5.0 or newer to directly open its raw files. 

Or, as you say, upgrade Photoshop to a version that directly opens your files for the most convenience and best image quality.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,488 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 25, 2012 9:52 AM   in reply to Captain1854

I did see, as I was researching my response, that there's only one model that has reached Mark IV stage so far, so my question wasn't completely necessary.  I have been anticipating a 5D Mark IV at some point to counter Nikon's latest offerings.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2012 9:33 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

I did see, as I was researching my response, that there's only one model that has reached Mark IV stage so far, so my question wasn't completely necessary.  I have been anticipating a 5D Mark IV at some point to counter Nikon's latest offerings.

-Noel

You may need to wait a while since the 5D Mk III is baely out of the starting gate.

The reviews seem to all say that the 5D Mk III is blowing the competition out of the water.  I an't verify that since I use a 7D.

BTW, I would recommend upgrading to CS6 as opposed to using DNG converter.  The new features such as the automatic CA correction, lens corrections, and better noise reduction make it worth upgrading.

Paula

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points