• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no shuffle answers after use the retake button

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I run my project in captivate 5 (using F12 button) and I fail my quiz, the result slide with the retake button appears. By using this button, exactly the same Questions are generated.

( i.e. 3 Random Question Slides linked to a Pool contains 7 Questions, allowed are three attemps). Adobe is not generating new question by using retake button.

Is there any possibility that adobe captivate 5 is generating three new random questions out of the excisting pool by pushing the retake button?

thanks for your support

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does not give you different quiz questions from the question pool when you hit Retake Quiz, only if you relaunch the lesson will you get other questions from the pool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi rodward,

ok I understand. I spoke with one colleague and we think the only way is, to create two or more quizzes with the title A,B,C etc. and linked it together.

but I don`t know how it works

We use Captivate 5, and I would be happy whenever you get to know how it works

stefaN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wouldn't work either. Captivate will cumulatively count all possible questions, so if you have three quizzes with, say, 3 questions each, Captivate will know you have 9 total questions...

If you only present three of those questions, you'll never get better than 33% correct.

If you need more powerful quizzing capabilities, Captivate may not be the best choice. Otherwise, you can tell users to close the lesson and relaunch it to retake the quiz (don't provide the 'retake' button), which should give them a new set of questions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Retake button and question shuffling in Captivate 5.5. I came up with a solution that works in our LMS, you can try similar settings.

• Select "Never Send Resume Data" checkbox under Reporting settings.
  • Create custom feedback slide at the end of the quiz. Use Advanced actions to check if the user passed the quiz. If failed, I show a custom "Retake Quiz" button. All it does is it executes Javascript to reload the browser window (window.top.location.reload()).
  • Browser window is refreshed. Since LMS did not have resume data, it will launch the quiz from the beginning with a new set of questions.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej SarunasZ,

it sounds great. But, I haven`t deep knowledge in advanced actions. Can you show me a screen shot from this advaced action or another instruction.

Thank you for support

stefaN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stefaN,

Here’s the sreenshot. Execute Adncenced action on entering quiz results slide.

First part checks if the user passed the quiz (cpQuizInfoPassFail = 1). Depending on the result one of text messages is shown and Retake button is shown/hidden.

ADB1.jpg

ADB2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SuranasZ thank you for your effort,

I done it well with your instructions. But......we use Adobe Connect and we need the resume data for evaluation of our user

best regards

stefaN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources