OK, I'm aware of an issue discussed in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html
This involves a fully registerred version of a Cloud licensed CS6 app reverting to trial mode, usually with a -1 days (I've had +22000 days shown one time!) but basically it gives a days remaining figure even after registerring.
I believe from reading other forum posts (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4508772#4508772), that its something to do with opening a CS5 application which overwrites CS6 registration files, so triggering a re-registration each time. Adobes response is that they're aware of it and to resolve it, stop using CS5 versions, stick with cs6.
OK, well, some might find that acceptable, I for one cant do that. I use Extensis web font plugin that comes as part of Font Fusion 4. It installs a plugin which accesses Googles web fonts and allows designers like myself to use live web fonts in their design mockups rather than having to download and install each one each time. It accesses the live list of fonts, and shows them automatically. Unfortunately Extensis cant make a CS6 version of their plugin as they blame Adobe for "issues they need to fix with fonts" before they can roll it out.
So, I need to use Cs5 for Extensis font plugin (they blame Adobbe), yet want use Cs6 for advanced features (they understandably dont seem to care about fixes for Extensis software). I cant use either as one or the other causes headaches!
Anyone else getting the trial issue problem and cant just ditch Photoshop CS5 fully like Adobe recommend?
Anyone else use Extensis Web font pluging and have to use CS5 and CS6 and experiencing the same problem?
When might Adobe fix the trial issues so I can keep and switch between PS CS6 and CS 6?
Either that or can Adobe fix whatever "issues" are stopping Extensis from releasing the CS6 version of their plugin, and problem then solved for me?
The issue is resolved by downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe Application Manager from the http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html
After you install this version you can use both CS5 and CS6 versions on the same system. One workaround was to not use the CS5 products until an update was available, but the update is released now so this no longer applies.
Let me know if you are still having difficulties.
Super, updating App Manager seems to work a treat at fixing the -1days errors, thanks David! I did try and download the update Application Manager but I'm guessing it was a previous version as that didnt work.
Seems to work now though with this version, so great, thank-you.
All I need now is the "font issues" to be fixed so Extensis can sort the new plugin they have and I'll be a happy chappy!
I was wondering if you can help me understand that Extensis font issue a little better. I saw here
An Adobe Photoshop CS6 plug-in will be available after Adobe fixes a known issue that currently prevents font auto-activation and use of Extensis Font Panels by that application.
Is this the issue you are describing?
That sounds like the one, yes. I'm still using Photoshop CS5 for anything which uses web fonts, but CS6 version for other things. It would be nice to ditch CS5 and get the full use of CS6 only, but that hold up prevents it at the moment.
Thanks for your help and concern Dave.
Sure, you're welcome
I did some checking and confirmed that the Extensis issue is something our PS developers are aware of, and it appears to be something which is planned to be addressed in a future product update.