Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Graduated filter or some sort of mouse bug

Jul 26, 2012 5:56 PM

I pasted the same graduated filter arrangement into several hundred action photos.  I then slog through them in capture order, nudging them one way or another depending on crop and subject.  On the next photo, the first time I click and drag --the filter NEVER moves!  I must release and reclick to get it to move.  This becomes highly annoying after a while.  Enough so to write this. 

Anyone else see this sort of thing?  I don't think it is actually a filter bug because I've seen this problem elsewhere. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to George in Seattle

I believe it is designed that way to prevent accidental repositioning the graduated filter. The first mouse click "selects" the graduated filter, but doesn't allow any movement.

It sounds like you are copying and pasting (or synching) more than one (1) graduated filter. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by "pasting the same graduated filter arrangement across several hundred action photos," but I have two suggestions that may be helpful:

1) Create graduated filter "presets" and apply them individually to each image file. This allows you to do the positioning "real-time."

2) Select one (1) of the graduated filter you want to adjust in the first image. When you go to the next image(s) it will be selected as well and can be repositioned. You will need to do this for each graduated filter as an iterative process.

Unless the images are all very similar (same subject, camera settings, and lighting), I would opt for #1 above.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 2:39 AM   in reply to George in Seattle

George in Seattle wrote:

I have no idea how to do a preset.  I had no idea this even existed.

http://photo.tutsplus.com/articles/post-processing-articles/100-free-l ightroom-presets-and-how-to-make-your-own/

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 6:14 AM   in reply to Keith_Reeder

To create a new  graduated filter preset make your settings adjustments, select 'Save Current Settings as New Preset' under 'Effect:', and then give it an identifying name.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points