Skip navigation
Carin Barnett
Currently Being Moderated

# for CS6 not a qualifying product

Jul 25, 2012 5:36 PM

Tags: #cs6

I ordered the disc for CS6, but got antsy so downloaded CS6 Extended.  I go to put in my # and there is no drop down for CS6, only CS6 Extended, so I put in my # and it says not for a qualifying product.  Hmmm, what to do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2012 12:04 PM   in reply to Carin Barnett

What CS6 product are you trying to install?  Which is the previous Adobe product you are trying to upgrade from?  Finally what operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to Carin Barnett

Are you trying to upgrade from Photoshop CS6 to Photoshop CS6 Extended?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 2:23 PM   in reply to Carin Barnett

Ok then what are you trying to install and what product are you trying to upgrade too?  Without this information I am afraid I will be unable to provide any additional assistance. 

You may also want to contact our support team as they can obtain this information by decoding the serial numbers you are trying to utilize.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 2:54 PM   in reply to Carin Barnett

I am sorry Carin but Creative Suite 6 is a whole series of products.  I would recommend at this point you contact our support team as they can better identify the exact products you are trying to install and review the serial numbers which you are attempting to enter.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to Carin Barnett

@Carin,

It seems to me that you're talking about Photoshop CS6. Using a trial version, till the time the disc arrives is not an issue.

PS Cs6 Extended will convert to standard Photoshop when you enter a serial number that belongs to standard version.

The issue seems to be the serial number, which is being flagged invalid.

The serial number can be invalid, if you ordered an Upgrade from a previous version, and the installer is unable to find an old installation on your computer.

If you install an upgrade on a fresh computer, you'll be prompted for the serial number twice: once for qualifying product (old Photoshop, CS5 perhaps) and once that is entered, for the new serial number.

So do you have the serial number for an earlier version of Photoshop? If not, please check your order details and see if you ordered an upgrade or a fresh licence.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points