Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Disk Cache drive..won't let me change

Jul 26, 2012 8:07 PM

Hi all,

I am trying to assign different drives for the cache drives.

By default, it shows c/data/temp

When i select BROWSE, it only allows me to select folders in my C drive.

There are 3 cache drives paths in AE 6, It only allows me to change 1 of them to another drive other than C

Is anyone else having this issue?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2012 8:13 PM   in reply to lou4uandme

How are your drives connected? How are they formatted? If a drive is visible in a explorer or finder you should be able to choose it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 11:02 PM   in reply to lou4uandme

Temporarily unmount the new drive in your disk management tool and try again. Could be that it shuffled up your drive letters and now Windows is using a wrong remebered file dialog. You can also flush that stuff from your registry (something with MRU and AfterFX.exe in your user-specific branch somewhere, should be HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version etc. or somethiong like that...)

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to lou4uandme

Windows itself remebers file dialog layouts and paths and in addition your graphics card driver may remeber such stuff. It's unlikely that anyone from Adobe support can sort this out for you. You may wish to check a generic Windows geek forum instead.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to lou4uandme

but as soon as AE starts, it overwrites it back to it's default path.

That shouldn't happen. If it does, it means whatever folder you assign is not accessible and it basically takes us back to where we started - you have a permissions problem. Reset user permissions and file ownership on all your drives. Right-click --> Properties --> Security tab.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 11:14 PM   in reply to lou4uandme

Still, your system is jinxed somehow and you will have to fix that one of those days...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)