Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Apps stopped working.

Jul 8, 2012 8:04 AM

Tags: #error #activation

The apps stopped working. They fail to open. Instead for every app an application manager opens and tells me: "Activation failed. We are unable to activate Creative cloud membership. product activation is required to use this product. You must have a working internet connection to activate this product Please check your connection settings and choose try again." But I am connected to the internet, and as far as I know everything was installed and activated and worked just fine, until today.

Please help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 3:14 PM   in reply to marksnl1

Did you make any changes to your computer recently that might be related, or install any new security software for example.Based on the messaging you describe getting it sounds like something might be blocking your computer's access to the activation server, like firewall settings or your hosts file.

Are you currently connected to the internet?

Are you on a Windows or Mac computer?

Are you getting this message when launching all of the CS6 products?

Thanks,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to David__B

Of couse this would have to happen in the middle of a deadline.

I have purchased, installed and have been using Creative Cloud Apps succesfully for about a month now and it is stating that my trial is at an end. I can sign into the Adobe Application Manager just fine but the Cloud Membership Window keeps popping up and states that an Internet connection is required... I have internet... I can install more apps.

I was never sent a serial number to enter nor is it present in "My Adobe" or "My Orders"

I am using Windows 7 64 on a corporate controled infrastructure so messing around in files and firewall and security software settings is not an option... not that I would consider that to be a true solution.

If this product can be so easily disabled, then I think it wise to go back to the drawing board and create a method to use a more reliable and trusted path to make a connection.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to marksnl1

That's good to hear; however, my co-worker and I are both still experiancing the issue with 1 day remaining on our paid "trial".

What's the number for this Dutch Helpdesk? The one we got connected to did not resolve the issue on our Win 7 machines.

We did get our serial numbers... sadly they are not being accepted. Why? No one knows. I suspect it is still a matter of Adobe needing special permisions to access a protion of the Internet our firewall or Anti-Virus views as risky. I don't believe that to be a good excuse for this situation though.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to David__B

We are down, with a project due on tuesday... where is the fix for this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to TDS E-Learning

have 8 core

16 gig ram

4 terabytes storage

and CS6

can i help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to marksnl1

A few things I would want to ensure.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the Adobe Application Manager from here:

Windows
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Mac OS
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

If you are in Europe and on an English OS make sure the language preference for installation was set to English (International) when you installed. The Installation language Preference setting is located in the drop down menu next to your name on the top left (little triangle) Preferences > Language in Adobe Application Manager.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 4:45 PM   in reply to marksnl1

I appreciate your patience and enthusiasm. I wasn't sure if the others that posted here are still having difficulties too. Hopefully they'll post a follow-up if they are. Even if they aren't, I posted solutions in case others facing similar problems somehow end up here after a web search.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to David__B

Hi David,

Is there a true fix to this issue yet?

The apps all work great from home. But the user experiance on the same licence inside our corporate infrastructure is unacceptable. We've downloaded and updated everything we can click on and we still get shut out of our apps. For awhile the update fixed the issue and the "Trial" (how is something we've paid for a trial) would count down and then reset... now it just shuts us down and we have to uninstall ALL apps and re-install them to restart the "Trial" clock.

Needless to say... this is not a viable solution in our eyes, so I would really appreciate any updates on what appears to be a wide-scale issue with the product.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to TDS E-Learning

Hello there,

The behavior can result from different circumstances. Based on your description, I would want to ensure your IT department has reviewed this doc

Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html

I would be curious if the same permissions are used for installation as for normal use which includes the monthly license check/activation. It almost sounds like the activation process is failing due to some kind of rights restriction leading to the software needing to be reinstalled with an account with more rights (allowing the activation to compete with the reinstallation).

This might be an issue which might require working with our support to resolve.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to David__B

Hi David,

Thanks for the link, we've actually tried and pass all but step #5 (firewall). As we are working within a corporate infrastructure we have no control over the firewall.

One usability change I would very respectfully request you pass up the food chain, would be to provide potential buyers with a test to see if it validates correctly... first... before allowing users to purchase and install the cloud products. Seem like it would nip this issue in the bud and allow people to purchase a box rather than being tied to a contract that doesn't work for them for a full year. Pretty basic usability and customer service considerations.

This may sounds snarky and if it does I apologize for that, but truly these are legitimate and constructive criticims that, if taken to heart, could improve your company. I know you're doing the best you can and do appreciate your help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points