Skip navigation
Ether-x
Currently Being Moderated

Spark modules not supported ?

Jul 17, 2012 9:25 AM

I can't get the extension builder load modules within Flash Pro, is this related to spark modules ?

For instance I noticed that <s:states> was not supported and I had to replace it with <csxs:states> to get it working. What about Flex modules ?

It seems that the framework even in its version 2.0 is not yet ready, I got lot of bugs with Flash Builder 4.6, have to restart it every 20min, and the view design mode is working once in a blue moon. I know Adobe want to drop the support for the design view but all this contributes to very bad developper experience.

Searched on the internet and through the forum, but could'nt find an answer, no body here is using modules ? Or is this just my configuration ?

Thank you for your time,

Sylvain Lecoy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 28, 2012 3:33 AM   in reply to Ether-x

Unfortunatelly I can't help you with the modules but I hope it will not be abandoned, it's a great tool that just needs to be refined in some aspects.

Besides from the designer error with apedelta.swc ( I assume this is a common one) I get a crash when closing Flashbuilder, until now no other errors but I have noticed that working with large files ( more than 4.000 lines) becomes very slow.

Also it's important to clean the project sometimes or you will start to get non expected errors.

Many of the problems I had could be solved by creating a new simple testing extension and working only with this problem or feature I want to introduce.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2012 12:42 AM   in reply to Ether-x

Hi Sylvain,

I would suggest you to drop Flash Builder 4.6 (which is a real pain in any delicate part of the body you'd like to pick) and stick to version 4.5 - there Design mode is not flawless but magnitude orders more stable. This of course if you don't need 4.6 features for other projects.

As for the rest I'm not in the position to give you answers.

Cheers

Davide

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points