Skip navigation
Ivy54
Currently Being Moderated

Links won't refresh.

Jul 28, 2012 3:19 PM

Tags: #error #link #links #won't #refresh

I don't know what the problem is but my links won't refresh.  I'm working on a website, when I preview it in Firefox, I click on a link to test it, the link color changes to show that I've visted the page, then I close the window to the entire site.  I preview the same page later, but even though I'm going back for a second visit and starting from scratch, the links that I had visted before are not refreshed, it's still the visted link color as though I never left the site.  I've uploaded the file and am still having the same problems.  Here's the url:  www.iewaterkeeper.org

The supervisor that I'm interning for doesn't seem to have the same problem.  I just reinstalled my operating system just in case it was a virus but it is still happening.  I'm still making changes to the homepage but this time, not only do the links not work properly, I can't seem to get the same background color from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.  For example, the background color for one div box may have been created in Photoshop, then for another div box I just fill the background color with Dreamweaver using the same color code #f4f3f3, but the page looks patchy as though they're two different colors.  The servers down so I can't upload this yet but I only tell you this to give you more information about what's happening.  Does anyone know why my link colors won't refresh?   

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 28, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to Ivy54

This is how most browsers work.   They cache pages to improve performance.  Try using a different browser.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to Ivy54

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to Ivy54

Ivy54 wrote:

I deleted the extra div's in my template but it won't update the other pages.

What happens when you try?

Any error messages?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to Ivy54

If the Template and the Child pages are correctly set up then the update should work.

If nothing happens, then something's wrong with either the Template itself or the set up between Template and Child pages.

Does a Template update usually flow to the Child pages OK or is this the first time?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to Ivy54

Template not updating child pages is really a secondary issue to resolve.

Still don't know if it's related to the original issue of the links.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points