Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 bridge crashes trying open files

Jul 29, 2012 8:13 PM

Tags: #bridge #files #crash #bridge_cs6

bridge opens up fine, I can browse around & preview images without any trouble…

Whenever I double-click or right-click on an image whether it be a raster image or a vector image, bridge crashes and the file never opens in Photoshop or Illustrator…

Any Thoughts?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2012 9:44 PM   in reply to WidmarkRob

Video driver updated?  Try clicking "use software rendering" in advanced preferences to see if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 6:00 AM   in reply to WidmarkRob

Win7?  If so go to OS Help and type in Event Log.  Follow link to open.  Look for errors and warnings.  In Applications see if you can find Faulting Module.  Report back.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Fast forward a bit to September 2012 and I'm experiencing the same problem of Adobe Bridge CS6 crashing like a mofo. I'd love it if anyone could brighten my life with some sollutions.

I'm using: Bridge CS6. Fully updated. Running on Windows7 32bit which is fully updated. Updated graphics card. In short, EVERYTHING on my pc is updated and runs great except bridge. Gaming PC with 4gb RAM and a sweet graphics card.

Bridge loads fine and looks okay UNTIL i open a file. The second i click Open, bridge crashes.

Bridge also crashes if i double click a folder which has a photo in it.  Never fails to crash. The error is typical nonsense:

"Adobe Bridge CS6 has stopped working. Windows is checking for a sollution to the problem." followd by "A problem has caused the program to stop working corectly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a sollution is available." "Close Program."

Curt Y advised the previous member to open View Event Logs, and look for errors/warnings. Specifically in Applications an area called Faulting Module. Well I can't find anything called "fault". I opened Event Viewer, the four options are "custom views", "windows logs", "applications and services logs", and "subscriptions". Clicking the down arrow on each of them brings up sub areas, none called fault.

Under Windows Logs and Application, there are a lot of errors listed involving Bridge CS6. This is what the information and error log says:

Faulting application name: Bridge.exe, version: 5.0.1.21, time stamp: 0x50226927

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0012f890

Faulting process id: 0x1d2c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd950fcaf80e21

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6\Bridge.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 0ce45e17-0103-11e2-a779-005056c00008

Fault bucket 3257880259, type 5

Event Name: BEX

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Bridge.exe

P2: 5.0.1.21

P3: 50226927

P4: StackHash_0a9e

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 00000000

P7: 0012f890

P8: c0000005

P9: 00000008

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Ken Martin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER69DB.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Ken Martin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Bri dge.exe_753dbd4af22156de353069e5b15d4515b6721d_18e2600c

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 0ce45e17-0103-11e2-a779-005056c00008

Report Status: 0"

-System

-Provider

[ Name] Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level2

Task100

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-09-17T20:05:39.000000000Z

EventRecordID79464

ChannelApplication

Computernobody

Security
    -EventData

Bridge.exe

unknown

c0000005

0012f890

1d2c

01cd950fcaf80e21

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6\Bridge.exe

unknown

0ce45e17-0103-11e2-a779-005056c00008

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to zumezume

Update! I reinstalled Photoshop CS6, and adobe bridge cs6 has no more of THOSE errors, but now it has a NEW error! *faints*. So bridge works except when I try to open a file in Bridge Camera Raw: "Bridge's parent application is not active. Bridge requires that a quallifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature".

So I opened photoshop cs6, which runs fine, and then launched bridge and got the same error. "Bridge's parent...". I closed everything, opened bridge and got the same error again. Hmm. I might have to go back to Photoshop CS5 which would be sad but functional.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 18, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to zumezume

So bridge works except when I try to open a file in Bridge Camera Raw: "Bridge's parent application is not active. Bridge requires that a quallifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature".

Without any relevant knowledge of Windows I looked at your previous post and that states about Bridge.exe, to me it seems that an .exe file is about the same as an .dmg file for Mac. Meaning this is a package that you need for installation of the application itself.

If you try to open a raw file in ACR through Bridge and it does not work or opens in ACR using PS itself either your install for Bridge is incorrect or you have not installed the proper ACR plugin in a proper place.

And the message requiring a proper product indicates also to the fact of a wrong or fault install to my opinion. But as said, no knowledge about Windows

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2012 2:03 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Omke Oudeman wrote:

Without any relevant knowledge of Windows I looked at your previous post and that states about Bridge.exe, to me it seems that an .exe file is about the same as an .dmg file for Mac…

You're way off the mark this time, Omke!    The Mac equivalent of ".exe" is ".app".  All applications, otherwise known as "executable files" or "executable binaries" have the ".exe" extension in Windows. 

Omke Oudeman wrote:

…as said, no knowledge about Windows

No argument there. 

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2012 2:13 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Exe just means execuitable, it's what the desktop shortcuts point to. Exe is the program. Anything which runs can be an Exe, including installers and screensavers and apps. For compressing files we Windows freaks use Zip, 7zip, or Rar.

My possible guesses are 1.) An older install of CS5 is currupting my CS6, so I might need to use an Adobe Cleaner tool. 2.) I might need to reinstall windows to go from 32bit to 64bit windows. 64bit might be more compatible with new adobe software.

Bridge CS6 crashes when I open anything at all. Might be a plugin incompatibity in Windoze7. So for the time being, I switched back to the ancient cave-dwelling days of Adobe CS5 products.

When Windows8 comes out (hopefully within a few months), I'll install it as 64bit, and then more of the Adobe software will happily run on my system.

I'm sorry to future forum readers that I didn't come to any sollution to the issue of Bridge CS6 crashing! I recomend Adobe Master Collection CS6 to business owners, because it installs whatever adobe products you need and you only register it once. It does require 64bit Windows7 to install all the apps. 32bit won't cut it. My buddy has it and hasn't had the issues I've had.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2012 2:12 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

What may have confused you is the deplorable fact that the hapless Adobe installer team in India cluelessly, reprehensibly and improperly tagged on an ".exe" extension to some of the sloppily packaged Mac installer packages.

That was just a monumental blunder on their part.

It's beyond my comprehension how Adobe could have put together an India-based dedicated installer team separate from the engineering teams of all applications.

Inconsistency between or among applications in the artificial "suites" should come as no surprise.

The "suite" concept is a fabrication of Adobe marketing and bean-counting types.  The engineering teams are totally independent of each other, they are not only in different buildings but in different cities and states of the American Union, even in different countries.

The fact that they have little if any communication among them is highlighted by requests occasionally made in these forums by top Adobe engineers to let the other teams know when there are problems in one application that impact our workflow in another one.

Add to that having a separate and obviously isolated installer team in India and you end up with the monumental installation messes we see across all Adobe applications. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 18, 2012 2:17 AM   in reply to station_two

…as said, no knowledge about Windows

No argument there. 

I'll rest my case...

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 18, 2012 2:25 AM   in reply to zumezume

So for the time being, I switched back to the ancient cave-dwelling days of Adobe CS5 products.

While I like to keep my app's up to date and do believe the new ACR engine was one of the best changes for CS6 I do have to slightly disagree with you about cave-dwelling CS5.

If you made a typo and meant CS3 I couldn't agree more with you but meanwhile you can manage with CS5

And I fully agree with you on the Adobe Cloud subscription for the master collection, more advantages then disadvantages and predictable monthly costs for a year.

It only would be better if they had slightly more options for suites dedicated to different branches but still the total amount of money for an always updated master collection is more then reasonable.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 18, 2012 2:26 AM   in reply to station_two

It's beyond my comprehension how Adobe could have put together an India-based dedicated installer team separate from the engineering teams of all applications.

No difference with other large companies operating on a world scale I'm afraid...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points