Skip navigation
smitty486486
Currently Being Moderated

.jpeg link

Jul 30, 2012 6:57 AM

I was sent a jpeg from a customer and on the jpeg is view cart. I would like to use the view cart on the jpeg. Is there a way I can create a link using the jpeg sent. Thanks in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 7:00 AM   in reply to smitty486486

Add the image to your local site's images folder.  Open the page and click where you want this image to appear.  Use INSERT | Image to browse to location where you put the image.  Select it and click OK.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to smitty486486

smitty486486 wrote:

I was sent a jpeg from a customer and on the jpeg is view cart. I would like to use the view cart on the jpeg. Is there a way I can create a link using the jpeg sent. Thanks in advance

I don't really fully undertand the question BUT I'll have a guess....you could use a 'hotspot' on the jpg where the view cart image section is and link to the page that shows the cart info or if youre clever enough you could use a blank anchor positioned over the view cart area and link to the cart page, maybe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:25 AM   in reply to smitty486486

Hummm........ a client sends you an image with a view cart link on it............. so I assume you have the cart built or are you asking about building a cart or linking to the cart  page?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to smitty486486

smitty486486 wrote:

I have the cart set up, I just want to use the view cart on the JPEG. So if you click view cart you go to the cart. I hope I am making sense...

Sure,

Then just draw a hotspot over the area on the image which says view cart and link that to the cart page.

Insert image in Dreamweaver, select it, choose the hotspot tool in the bottom left of the properties inspector, draw over the image area, select the hotspot and add a link to the link field.

That should do it unless anything like javascript is being used to add information to the cart link.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points