Skip navigation
radarguy1
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Export in FXG format

Jul 27, 2012 7:43 AM

Tags: #cs4 #flash #fireworks #fxg

I am working in CS4 Flash and Fireworks and do not seem to have the option to Export from Fireworks in FXG format.  The pull down just does not have the the file format listed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 2:14 PM   in reply to radarguy1

Where are you trying to access this option? Frankly, it's not something I'm familiar with, but I notice that it's available in Fireworks CS5/6 from within the Export command dialog box, via a dropdown menu:

Export dialog dropdown.png

However, when I Google the topic, I do find reference to an "Export to FXG" script for CS4, that suggests it may have existed in Fireworks CS4 as a Command. And apparently, an update to that command was offered on Adobe Labs but is no longer available.

http://blogs.adobe.com/labs/archives/2009/07/fireworks_cs4_e.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 5:36 AM   in reply to radarguy1

In CS4,  believe it was indeed a Command, located int he Commands menu, not the Export dialog. In CS5 and CS6, the option is (where it belongs) in the Export dialog. I can't rememebr if it was a standalone menu item, or nested in another menu item though.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to radarguy1

If you're using CS4, why not just import the Fireworks PNG file? I'm not too sure of Flash's support for FXG. I know at the time Flash Catalyst supported it, but not sure about Flash Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to radarguy1

Hmm, good question. I *think* vector information is retained, but there can be issues with effects. I recommend giving it a try and you'll learn quickly enough.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to radarguy1

You're welcome. The radio buttons may have come in as symbols or groups, so check that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points