Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need help (0:42) error/crash

Jul 30, 2012 1:43 AM

Tags: #error #after #effects #cs5.5 #crash #(0:42)

when ever i open aae cs5.5 it comes up with a error:crash in progress. Last logged message was: <3240> <appdirs> <5> required Dir = c:\program files\Adobe\adobe after effects cs5.5\support files\required

i really dont know what to do and needa fix it fast as i needa do some editing some1 please help me!!!

Windows 7

processor: Intel (R) Core(TM)2 cpu  T5600 @1.83GHz 1.83GHz

Ram 1.5gb

system type 64bit

adobe after effects cs5.5

what happens when i open after effects:error:crash in progress. Last logged message was: <3240> <appdirs> <5> required Dir = c:\program files\Adobe\adobe after effects cs5.5\support files\required

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 2:56 AM   in reply to pavoowns

What graphics processor does the machine have? Could be related. Also, did you trash the prefs by deleting them in C:\Users\Pavo\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects ?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to pavoowns

You only have 1.5 gigs of memory.  You are in desperate need of more RAM.  This is why you can't run AE: your machine is below minimum Adobe system requirements.  

Either get another machine or put as much memory as you can into your present machine.  After looking at the general specs for your machine, I vote for a new one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to pavoowns

pavoowns wrote:

But it worked fine be4 lol

Yeah, well, I've run AE sucessfully on a machine with just 512 megabytes of memory.  It was AE version 4.1, long before there was even a Creative Suite.

Since you don't say what version you ran before, I'll guess it was AE9, aka CS4, a 32-bit application.  CS6 is a 64-bit application and it has different system requirements.  How 'bout that?  Isn't that amazing?

Times change.  Applications get more complex.  They make greater demands on computer hardware.  If you want to keep up, your machine needs to keep up, too.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points