Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Auto Lip-Sync: new AE Tool and contest

Jul 23, 2012 4:54 PM

today we released the new After Effects tool Auto Lip-Sync.

CONTEST

To celebrate the release of Auto Lip-Sync, there is a contest on Aetuts+. Use the fully functional trial of Auto Lip-Sync to create your own video. The best submissions win a license of Auto Lip-Sync and other tools from mamoworld.com.

Link to the contest: http://enva.to/MM5SIv

TUTORIALS

these tutorials help you to get started with Auto Lip-Sync

After Effects Tutorial:Talking Tree with Auto Lip-Sync

After Effects Tutorial:Talking Car using Auto Lip-Sync

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to Mathias Möhl

Hi Mathias,

I have been looking for a good lip-sync tool for AE for a while now, and this just might be the one! :-)

I have downloaded the demo, and am trying it out on a few of my characters (I use footage of my characters that are made out of pewter) and the first few tries are looking really promising. Now to see what the rest of the team think. Ill clean a few demos up and let them see it later this week. The only problem i see for one or two of my characters, is that their mouths, when closed and still, are very "U" shaped (as they are always happy and smiling!) and this causes some interresting results when playing too much with the liquify tool.

I will do some more tests with those characters and see what happens. If the team is impressed, I will definitely go ahead and get a licensed copy.

Thanks again, and look forward to more tutorials and tools!

Pierre

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to Mathias Möhl

This is another great tool you've developed. Wish I had time to play with it more but production deadlines are keeping me from spending time with my family now...

Again, great job. I hope you do well with this tool.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 12:11 AM   in reply to Mathias Möhl

Hi Mathias,

The more I play with this, the more I love it.

Most of the office is off sick at the moment (yeah, we are still a small group!) but as soon as we are back to normal here, and I have had some more practice, Ill do my best to make a small "Brag" shot (please remember I only had my first look at After Effects in March this year, so I reckon I still fall under "Newbie" status!) :-)

Once again, Thank you for this brilliant and wonderfully usefull tool.

Pierre

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to Mathias Möhl

Just this morning, while showing the tool off to the team as promised (and they are all very impressed), I was saying that i am not sure how the tool will work with "Side views" of the subject. Robin has put my mind at ease. Thank you Robin. It looks brilliant. I will definately be purchasing this tool, but i might miss the competition Mathias, sorry :-(.

Although, even if i miss it, I will try to send some sort of clip through to show you what it is being used for! :-)

Thanks again..

Pierre

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 11:56 PM   in reply to Mathias Möhl

Hi,

Thats great! The side view of the mouths will be brilliant. Cant wait to see it.

Who knows, August 31 is still quite far away..... :-)

Pierre

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to Mathias Möhl

Hi Mathias,

I have been away for a bit, but I bought a license, and have been having fun with the Lip-Synch ever since!

Did you get around to adding the tips for using the tool on some footage with movement? I am about to link my characters up to a movement rig, and do some shooting this week. I need to figure out how to add the Lip-Sync to moving footage.

Thanks once again man,

Pierre

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to Mathias Möhl

Hi Mathias,

Thats great man, thank you.

This is great. I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I "will" get something done to show you in the near future (well, before 2020 at least! :-) ) - I am just having some issues filming some of our characters, so I am taking some time off to study up some more on miniature filming and lighting. Once I get that right, I can get some proper footage to make an example.

Pierre

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points