Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where is the 'Goodies' Folder for CS6?

Jul 30, 2012 10:00 AM

Doing a fresh install of CS6 Extended on a new computer (Windows 7).  In an earlier version of PS there was a folder called Goodies and it contained the HSB/HSL filter.  When I upgraded from those previous versions the plugins and filters migrated automatically or I simply copied from the Plugins>Filters folder of the old version to the new.  Looking at the extracted files for CS6, I'm not seeing the 'Goodies' folder.  Further, when I look in c>Program Files>Adobe>CS6>Plugins, there's no Filters folder, just a Panels folder. 

Assistance appreciated.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to PhotogCda

Hi PhotogCda,

There was an answered thread regarding the same question. Hope this helps you out!

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4290241

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to PhotogCda

Have you tried copying your 32 or 64 bit version plugin from CS5 to CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to PhotogCda

Hi,

You can find information regarding the optional Ps CS6 content here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-cs61.html

We no longer distribute or include a 'Goodies' folder on disk. For the HSB/HSL filter, you'll want to grab the 'OptionalMultiPlugin' plug-in, which bundles of a couple plug-ins. Also the shipping plug-ins have been moved from the directory you might expect to find them. Any additional 3rd party plug-in or optional plug-in can still be installed to these path without needing to add /Filters:

Windows 7 and Vista (32 bit): Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plug-ins folder

Windows 7 and Vista (64 bit): Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 bit)/Plug-ins folder

Hopefully this answers your questions.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to Sharon Huang

Hi Sharon,

Copying Adobe shipped plug-ins from one version to another is usually not a good idea. We rebuild plug-ins for each version so they are compatible. Copying from one version to the next has often led to crashing issues. The exception would be a plug-in that is no longer maintained but still works and is needed for migrating formats or workflows to current support (eg. opening PhotoCD files).

Chris' reply in the post you reference must be read in context that the question came from the Ps CS6 Beta, before we had shipped the final Ps version. Chris was offering a workaround solution solely for the Beta period.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to PhotogCda

Hi,

I can't recall all the details, but I believe we have offered plug-ins for download going back quite a few versions. The removal of the 'Goodies' folder on physical media does appear to have started with the CS5 version.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points