• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does my serial number for e-learning 2.5 not work for 6

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know why I can't use the e-learning subscription serial number not work for e-learning suite 6. I paid for a subscription to the e-learning suite 2.5 and I want to know why this doesn't work with e-learning suite 6. After all that's why you buy a subscription so when the new apps come out I can gain access to them.

What do I need to do to get this sorted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Hello,

ELS 6 suscription does not ask for Serial Number, as subscription works on your Adobe ID and password.

In your post you mentioned that you purchased ELS 2.5 subscription so it must be upgraded to ELS 6 subscription.

If you have ELS 6 installed on your computer (As a Trial), uninstall it and launch the installation again, choose "Start Subscription" (While installing ELS 6)

You can also share your contact information on tcssup@adobe.com, we will contact you.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you downloading your E-Learning Suite subscription from?  Have you utilized https://creative.adobe.com/ to obtain your install files?  This is where our point product and Creative Cloud subscriptions are currently obtained from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have an e-learning subscription not a creative cloud one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that.  Can you please try logging into https://creative.adobe.com/ to verify your subscription is available.  My understanding is that all of our new subscription offerings are coming through there.  This may be why you are facing your current difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope it says I have a 30-day free trial if I want but it also says I have to upgrade. It's now at the point I'm looking at other apps and products to do the same work at a fraction of the cost. I was told by others at Adobe I would have to pay another $600 to upgrade even though I have a subscription to get access to this latest software. I'm paying a $100 a month and that is the reason why I took a subscription. This now almost up and if I don't get this sorted very shortly, I will cancel this and move to other apps to do the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You need to download Adobe eLearning Suite 6 trial from Adobe.com (https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=elearning_suite)

Launch the installer for ELS 6, you will get 3 options :

Trial

Start Subscription

Serial Number

Choose Start Subscription and Sign in with your Adobe ID and password, your subscription for ELS 6 will start.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it still doesn't work

It won't recognize my serial number

says it's not valid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have ELS 6 installed already on your computer (As a Trail) ?

If Yes : Uninstall ELS 6 Trial and launch the Installation again and choose "Start Subscription".

If No :

When you choose "Start Subscription" on ELS 6 installation, does it ask for Serial Number ?

Thanks,
Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did this tried to install it and used subscription and it said invalid serial number or something like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

ELS 6 suscription does not ask for Serial Number, as subscription works on your Adobe ID and password.

In your post you mentioned that you purchased ELS 2.5 subscription so it must be upgraded to ELS 6 subscription.

If you have ELS 6 installed on your computer (As a Trial), uninstall it and launch the installation again, choose "Start Subscription" (While installing ELS 6)

You can also share your contact information on tcssup@adobe.com, we will contact you.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do I click on start subscription when installing all I get is where I want to install it on to the C: drive says nothing about start subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you launch ELS 6 installation (double click on setup.exe), do you get this Screen :

Untitled.png

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank that actually worked. You seem to be the only one at Adobe who was willing to help. One final question, I take it I can uninstall e-learning suite 2.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your Welcome and I am glad that it fixed your problem

Uninstalling ELS 2.5 is purely your wish, as you can have different versions of Adobe product on your Computer (Except Adobe Acrobat)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for stepping in Vikram.   I had an inquiry out to determine the correct method for E-Learning Suite 6 subscribers but looks like HCTrain is up and working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines