Skip navigation
hctrain
Currently Being Moderated

why does my serial number for e-learning 2.5 not work for 6

Jul 27, 2012 9:37 AM

I want to know why I can't use the e-learning subscription serial number not work for e-learning suite 6. I paid for a subscription to the e-learning suite 2.5 and I want to know why this doesn't work with e-learning suite 6. After all that's why you buy a subscription so when the new apps come out I can gain access to them.

What do I need to do to get this sorted.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to hctrain

Where are you downloading your E-Learning Suite subscription from?  Have you utilized https://creative.adobe.com/ to obtain your install files?  This is where our point product and Creative Cloud subscriptions are currently obtained from.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to hctrain

I understand that.  Can you please try logging into https://creative.adobe.com/ to verify your subscription is available.  My understanding is that all of our new subscription offerings are coming through there.  This may be why you are facing your current difficulties.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to hctrain

Hello,

You need to download Adobe eLearning Suite 6 trial from Adobe.com (https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=elearning_suite)

Launch the installer for ELS 6, you will get 3 options :

Trial

Start Subscription

Serial Number

Choose Start Subscription and Sign in with your Adobe ID and password, your subscription for ELS 6 will start.

Thanks,

Vikram

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to hctrain

Hello,

Do you have ELS 6 installed already on your computer (As a Trail) ?

If Yes : Uninstall ELS 6 Trial and launch the Installation again and choose "Start Subscription".

If No :

When you choose "Start Subscription" on ELS 6 installation, does it ask for Serial Number ?

Thanks,
    Vikram

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:00 PM   in reply to hctrain

Hello,

ELS 6 suscription does not ask for Serial Number, as subscription works on your Adobe ID and password.

In your post you mentioned that you purchased ELS 2.5 subscription so it must be upgraded to ELS 6 subscription.

If you have ELS 6 installed on your computer (As a Trial), uninstall it and launch the installation again, choose "Start Subscription" (While installing ELS 6)

You can also share your contact information on tcssup@adobe.com, we will contact you.

Thanks,

Vikram

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to hctrain

Hello,

When you launch ELS 6 installation (double click on setup.exe), do you get this Screen :

Untitled.png

Thanks,

Vikram

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 1:18 PM   in reply to hctrain

Hello,

Your Welcome and I am glad that it fixed your problem

Uninstalling ELS 2.5 is purely your wish, as you can have different versions of Adobe product on your Computer (Except Adobe Acrobat)

Thanks,

Vikram

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 1:36 PM   in reply to VikramGaur

Thanks for stepping in Vikram.   I had an inquiry out to determine the correct method for E-Learning Suite 6 subscribers but looks like HCTrain is up and working now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points