I am running Acrobat professional 7.0 on Windows Xp as I have been doing for years now. Now I cannot print as a pdf and get the follow error message: Acrodist.exe application error Instruction "0x0045c9e5" refereced memory at "0x01e7ebdc". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
I have uninstalled all adobe programs and reinstalled and still I have the error message. It worked fine until I had Adobe illustrator file that crashed and now it won't work.
Thanks for any help!
There are no program files in common between Acrobat and Illustrator. As such, it almost seems like some other external factor is involved.
Exactly what do you mean by you had an Illustrator file that crashed? Did Illustrator stop operating while editing a particular file? Error message? What in particular?
One possibility that I can think of is that prior to your running of Illustrator, you installed some font on your system that is not quite kosher in terms of its internal format; it may be corrupted in some way. See whether there is some new funky font that you may have installed and try removing it. See if Illustrator now runs and likewise, whether Distiller now runs. Let us know either way.
Thanks for your reply. I did not install any fonts in Illustrator.
I mentioned the Illustrator file crash because the happened around the same
time as when Distiller stopped working. Specifically, I was working on an
Illustrator file that a colleague made and when I tried to save or print as
PDF illustrator would crash.
I have since uninstalled all Adobe programs on my computer and then
reinstalled and I still get the error message.
This may be important. --I can Save as PDF, but not print as a PDF.
Any other advice would be appreciated.
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as well.
This problem came up on my laptop today and I have found a solution, at least on mine. I was getting the exact same error as above (with different memory locations) when I tried to start Distiller (Acrobat 7.0). It had worked fine for years. On mine it was limited to my specific user account. I could run Distiller fine from the Administrator account. I also created a new standard user account to test with and it ran fine from that one as well. But it wouldn't run from my personal account. So I knew it was something with that specific account.
To make a long story short, it ended up being a corrupt cache. You can find the cache in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller 7\
What I did was just rename the old cache folder and let distiller recreate it. That fixed it. Good luck.
Europe, Middle East and Africa