Skip navigation
Michael Rogovin
Currently Being Moderated

Special Fonts in Titles

Jul 30, 2012 8:52 AM

I am using Premiere Elements 10 on WIndows 7. I have some Hebrew Unicode OpenType Fonts. They do not appear in the font menu, nor can I cut and paste text from another application. How can I use Hebrew characters in titles?

Also, is there a way to use graphic elements in either titles or credits?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to Michael Rogovin

When a font, that is properly installed into the OS, does not show in the list, or will not allow for Copy/Paste, it is almost always a fault with the particular font(s).

Adobe programs are VERY sensitive to fonts, and Titler (in both PrE and PrPro) is probably the MOST sensitive. Everything MUST be perfect.

Based on helping a user with certain Chinese fonts, I would suggest looking for the same, or very similar Hebrew fonts from a major foundry. That is what worked for that user.

One consideration with Hebrew & Arabic fonts is their character order. I do not know about Titler, but in some Adobe programs, such as Illustrator, one needs to have the language version of the program, that supports the Hebrew or Arabic character order.

Now, one option would be to use the fonts in a program, that offers full support for the fonts that you have, and then Save_As into a graphic format, such as TIFF. As all graphics in Video must be Rasterized at some point, when you do the Rasterization is not that important. I would look to TIFF, TGA, BMP or PNG, and not JPEG, which compresses, and with text, one does not want any unnecessary compression.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to Michael Rogovin

Also found that some fonts appear at the bottom of the list, out of order, which I had missed before.

Yes. I had forgotten about that order thing. My Asian fonts appear at the very bottom, and actually below a line separating them from my Roman fonts.

Glad that you got things to work better.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points