Disappointed in CS6 and Adobe in general

Jul 25, 2012 8:18 PM

Latest reply: Stan Jones, Jul 30, 2012 5:04 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 7:16 PM   in reply to timtro

timtro wrote:

It says "Microsoft Video".

Again, the video imports as video in Premiere CS5, Premier CS4, Edius 6.5, and several others. It just works wrong (as audio) in Premiere CS6.

Would it be possible to have a sample of a small file, that I could test on my systems with CS6?

/Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to UlfLaursen

He fixed the issue when he installed the BMD mjpeg codec it began to show video.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 7:54 PM   in reply to ComputerNovice25

Great news

/Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to timtro

The temp file you downloaded is just the assets. The installer file is seperate which will install the temp file. There should be another download that is the installer for the content for Premiere and Encore.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:32 PM   in reply to ComputerNovice25

This thread is getting unfocused. Let's compile the issues and make sure there is a bug filed for each one. Let's make sure this thread is a productive one and doesn't spiral into a winge-fest.

OP's complaints:

• "I can't read the new title editing function in Premiere CS6 (it was fine in CS5). Somebody here said you can make it bigger: No you can't. You can make the box bigger like a picture frame around the edit, but the text is still unchanged and unreadable."

There is no new title editing funciton in Premiere Pro CS6, but it sounds like you solved your own problem: "I figured out that the title editor does does work correctly if I I don't use my layout from CS5. In other words, if I open a CS5 Project I have to dump my normal screen layout or else the tile text is not big enough to read."

• "Soundbooth was usable as a wave editor, Audition is not. "

Please explain your specific complaint about Audition compared to Soundbooth. I don't understand what your exact problem is.

• "Installed on an AMD machine, Premiere Pro CS6 imports Nikon video as audio and after more than a month of playing with it Adobe's India supper support still doesn't have a clue."

What is the case number for your issue? I'll see if I can escalate the case to someone on the team. It does sound like you solved the problem by installing the BlackMagic MJPEG codec.

• "Dreamweaver CS5 Ste files won't fully import into CS3 or CS5 (it can't read the FTP user/pass)."

I suggest you post a comment in the Dreamweaver forums for assistance, and file a bug report here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish.

Note that normally, backward compatibility is not supported for any application.

• "My install of Encore CS6 is missing all the menu templates and buttons so I go back to CS5."

As Stan Jones suggests, follow the instructions for getting your content for Encore CS6 here: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

• "I was totally disappointed that CS6 won't edit in 3D. The After Effects work around for 3D is a joke."

You can edit in Stereoscopic 3D with the Cineform plug-in. If you want support natively, please make a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

You are not supposed to edit stereoscopic 3D in After Effects, that workflow is for effects and motion graphics. It would be too cumbersome to edit Stereoscopic 3D in After Effects. Try Cineform.

• The Master Collection download install file is just a little too large to fit a backup on any DVD. How inconvenient!

Application suite software is large, no doubt. You can save the file as a disk image, and back it up on other storage media besides DVD. If you'd like a download to be limited to DVD sized chunks, by all means, make a feature request for that.

• Finally frustrated with the idiocy of Adobe, I bought Grass Valley Edius 6.5....

If you still want help with your Master Collection issues, feel free to follow the above advice.

• "Hours of downloading, follow the instructions and all i get is a stupid "Error: Acccess is denied. Cannot create ...  Administration privileges may be required."

Sorry, I lost you. Which file are you speaking of? Encore content? Eric from ADK offers this, "The temp file you downloaded is just the assets. The installer file is seperate which will install the temp file. There should be another download that is the installer for the content for Premiere and Encore."

Please let me know if I can help further. I ask that other users create their own threads for trouble they are having. Piling on to this thread will make it more unfocused and away from the OP's actual problems that we really want to help solve.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:28 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Kevin,

Good distillation, and should be helpful for all, including the OP.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

The Volume download on the Worldwide Web Server has the Content file and the install file seperately. I just forgot the file name is listed under the Premiere Pro Content.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Content Installer for Windows
    Download File Size : 1228640 Bytes (1 MB)  - This is installer file

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Content Installer Package for Windows
    Download File Size : 768928646 Bytes (733 MB) This is Temp/Assets file

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to ECBowen

ECBowen wrote:

The Volume download on the Worldwide Web Server has the Content file and the install file seperately. I just forgot the file name is listed under the Premiere Pro Content.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Content Installer for Windows
    Download File Size : 1228640 Bytes (1 MB)  - This is installer file

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Content Installer Package for Windows
    Download File Size : 768928646 Bytes (733 MB) This is Temp/Assets file

Eric

ADK

Thanks, Eric!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 5:04 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Only, if you are referring to the Encore library etc, that installer (new for CS6) only provides a limited number of full templates, and no buttons, backgrounds, etc. You have to follow the other link, and place the extracted directories to get what most of us think of as the Encore libraries.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points