Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

hdr toning window menu too large

Jul 29, 2012 5:24 PM

Hi all,

when I click on the hdr toning menu it comes up too large, it obscures the image and I cannot move it around as the blue border at the top is not there...is there a way I can make that menu/window smaller...so that I can see the image and move it around...the sharpen image is quite large as well but there is a plus/minus widow which allows to see the image

Capt Marvy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2012 6:34 PM   in reply to capt marvy

Are you on windows or mac?  Photoshop version?

Is there space below the hdr toning dialog?

If your on windows and have the taskbar at the top of the screen, is the top part of the dialog behind the taskbar?

Message was edited by: R_Kelly

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 9:17 PM   in reply to capt marvy

I'd start by resetting the photoshop preferences and see if that clears things up:

Some of the dialogs in photoshop can be resized like the filter gallery or camera raw dialog (dragging on the bottom right corner of the dialog), but most can't.

Restore all preferences to default settings  

•      #
        Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings.

#

New Preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 30, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to capt marvy

Out of curiosity, Capt., what's your display resolution set to?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 30, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to capt marvy

The minimum system requirement is 768 pixels vertical resolution:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.html

I believe this must be the root of the problem.  I don't know what you saw when you "went to" 1280 x 1024, but your display at 1280 x 720 is simply too short to fit the entire dialog.

I had heard that Adobe was supposed to detect short displays and squeeze some of the controls together in an alternate arrangement, but I'm not sure about that.  The Adobe folks will have to comment on this.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 30, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to capt marvy

Only other thing I can suggest is maybe doing a screen grab and posting the image here, on the chance that something you didn't mention will be shown, or that the image might spark someone's memory about what to do to fix it.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 30, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to capt marvy

I hate to be pushy, but if you switch to a screen resolution greater than 1024 x 720, then close and restart Photoshop, then do the same operation, how does it look?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 30, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to capt marvy

The problem may be that you confirmed the operation with the pixel count too small, then when you run it at the higher screen pixel count it's starting off-screen because that's the last place it ran. 

I'm thinking if you reset preferences with the larger pixel count active the dialog would end up on screen.

I don't think you're ever going to be able to get it to work right with the screen set at 720 pixels though.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Hi,

I had this issue as well with a 1280x800 resolution and the only way to fix it was to change the resolution of the screen to 1280x768 - strange but true, couldn't handle 800 tall but could with 768 tall.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 6:53 PM   in reply to capt marvy

Select the HDR filter window, click alt/spacebar, then choose Move, then use your mouse or the up and down buttons to move the window.  You should then be able to get at the HDR window's controls.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to capt marvy

In your screenshot the screen is to short to move the toning dialog and that's probably why resetting the preferences didn't work

If you go a resolution of 1280 x 1024 then you can move the dialog by pressing Spacebar+Alt then M and use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the dialog down.

It might take some doing for it to work, but it does work.

On a screen resolution of 720 height there is not enough room to move the dialog but you could try the same and see.

If your lucky after pressing the Alt+Spacebar you'll see a popup menu as below where you can choose the Move option.

You can also close the curve part of the dialog or switch to another toning mode to make dialog shorter.

Untitled-1.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 8:31 PM   in reply to capt marvy

…As they say in Russian "Muchas Gracias"…

Вы хотите сказать, что Россия также вторглась испаноязычных работников без документов? 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points