Skip navigation
chad Snelson
Currently Being Moderated

PDF looks different on iOS

Jul 25, 2012 2:16 PM

Tags: #problem #pdf #mobile #ios #forms #ipad #reader #pdf_ipad #adobe_reader #ios_app

My PDF form looks and acts differently on my iPad vs. my computer both using reader.

Has anyone else had issues? Or know of a solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to chad Snelson

There are going to be some small differences in the way that certain items are displayed in intercative documents. Is there anything in particular that you would like to share? Any screenshots would be very helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to chad Snelson

I assume you are referring to the fact that there are red and blue boxes on the iOS version? These boxes are not going to show on desktops, but will show on mobile devices because of the way things like form fields and links are displayed.

In order to make it patently clear that they are interactive elements, they are highlighted.

Did I answer that alright?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to chad Snelson

I see what you are talking about. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the current version of Adobe Reader for iOS. Complex form items that contain Javascript, XFA, calculations, or validations work as of the current version.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 5:31 PM   in reply to chad Snelson

I am having a similar issue with a PDF I have.  If you populate the field, the javascript get ran but then the box deletes the contents.  I can't figure out why either.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points