Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know a fix for being unable to 'place' in Illustrator cs5?

Jul 30, 2012 12:37 AM

Tags: #cs5 #link #place #illustrator_cs5.5 #illustrator_bug #illustrator_link #illustrator_corruption

I have been using CS5 Illustrator for over a year now and have had no problems until yesterday when I opened illustrator and was unable to place any images.

I can click on 'place' and go find the file, it appears to go through the right process then there is no image on the artboard at all, anywhere. Then I decided to open up previously made files that contain placed images and all they have is a bounding box with no image. The Links panel recognises the name of the file but no image is visable, even as a thumbnail.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've been searching online for someone else with this problem and hopefully a fix but no solution as yet.

I'd be so grateful of some help...thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 1:07 AM   in reply to MissMonksilver

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 1:09 AM   in reply to MissMonksilver

You need to disable the latest fontexplorer pro auto activation plugin (3.5) (if possible revert to an earlier version, I think 3.21) The fontexplorer people are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to MissMonksilver

You need to remove it from Illustrator's plugins folder: HD / Applications / Adobe Illustrator CS5 / Plugins / Fontexplorer X.aip (v3.5)

and if possible replace with an earlier version (v3.2.1 still works for CS5)

Cheers

Les

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points