Flash CS 5.5 v188.8.131.529
Windows 7 Professional SP 1
I am getting Compile Error when publishing AIR for iOS (Flash Cs 5.5). It does not specify, what is wrong, just says that it failed to compile files.
"Error creating files.
Application is simple - it's the Hello World sample from Help section, but it still fails. (Of course, I have all the needed certificates created.) What is even more interesting, the same fla file without any changes compiles nicely on my collegue's Flash CS5.5, even though the versions (184.108.40.2069) are identical.
The only time I get that error is when a file is in use (or Windows thinks it is) because it's either launched or selected in a Windows Explorer, then you'll fail to compile the SWF itself. Otherwise not hitting browse and specifically setting the path to export to also produces that error for me.
Is any SWF being generated? If so, does it have a size (>0kb)?
One thing you should definitely do is overlay the latest Adobe AIR over Flash CS5.5. This will assure you have all the latest fixes and updates to AIR for iOS. This may solve your issue.
Download the SDK here:
Instructions on overlaying (disregard the version number difference, just use the correct number for the AIR you're overlaying instead, from 13 to 16):
I would also recommend you download and update Flash CS5.5 to have the latest Flash Player. This is so you can target and test using version 16 (flash player 11.3). Here's the download page for the latest Flash Player Debuggers, playerglobal.swc, etc.:
There's not a lot of information out there on how to install this into Flash CS5.5 but I'll give you the general jist:
- Close Flash Pro
- Install the 2 browser plugins (activeX and plugin based debuggers)
- Download the "Projector Content Debugger" and overwrite the FlashPlayerDebugger.exe in this default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Players\Debug
- Download the "Projector" and overwrite the FlashPlayer.exe in this default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Players\Release
- Download the playerglobal.swc (make sure it's named exactly that), then navigate to this default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0
- Make a folder in that path called "FP11.3" and place the playerglobal.swc in there.
- Navigate to the default folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Common\Configuration\Players
- Duplicate the latest FlashPlayer1x_x.xml file and name it FlashPlayer11_3.xml.
- Edit the file. Change the lines to reflect this, bolded parts are the changes:
<player id="FlashPlayer11.3" version="16" asversion="3">
<name>Flash Player 11.3</name>
<playerDefinitionPath as2="$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP10;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP9;$(UserConfi g)/Classes/FP8;$(UserConfig)/Classes/FP7" as3="$(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/FP11.3/playerglobal.swc" />
Now you can restart flash and in your publish target you should see Flash Player 11.3 as a target.
To verify 11.3 is installed correct open a new AS3 document and paste this code and then run it using the DEBUGGER.
Don't just hit CTRL+ENTER, that's just a player. Use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. You should see version 11 being traced now.
Here's the simple frame script code:
For me using the debugger (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) I see: WIN 11,3,300,257
For me using just release (CTRL+ENTER): WIN 10,2,153,2
Please try publishing the application after overlaying the AIR SDK.
You can find the Instructions on overlaying, here:
Download the latest AIR SDK from here -
http://labs.adobe.com/ or from Flash Runtime Pre-release site.
Please let us know if this works for you.
FlashPro-Soft Engg Team
Europe, Middle East and Africa