Skip navigation
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to ChadJo

Hi,

Have you tried deleting the opm.db file? That seems to fix the issue for most of the users.

Also, what kind internet connection do you have, wifi or usb? Try to create a new user account from the control panel and launch Muse from there and let me know how that goes?

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 3:43 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

I am also experiening the 'unexpected error' problem with Muse. I am a tiny ant in a large corporation: I asked them to change their firewall settings just for me and I was told to get lost. Is Creative Cloud really designed to be incompatible with businesses? Should I cancel my account, it being effectively useless?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

Hi,

This has nothing to do with business or personal pc. Muse just needs to be able to contact the activation server. So, even if it is non corporate environment, if muse is not able to contact the activation servers then it will give this error.

Also you should try the troubleshooting steps posted in this thread,

"An unexpected error occur processing your request." when launching Muse.

- http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987242?start=36

Refer to the Zak's post # 36.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to Abhishek Maurya

Hmm, linking to the very forum thread that we're in at the moment is unhelpful or sarcastic. I've tried the recommended solutions but they don't work. I cannot reach three out of the four Adobe URLs quoted in Zak's post, so I have concluded that it's a firewall issue on the computers at work. There's nothing I can do about this.

I remember when Quark used to bully users over online activation that didn't work properly but refusing to do anything about it. Now Adobe's the bully. More than a few people have raised this issue in the forums concerning Muse being unusable due to its activation method, and Adobe's response appears to be that it's our fault for working at companies with secure computers. Duh, silly us.

Seriously, Adobe's reaction to this problem is extremely disappointing. Adobe's a big, professional company full of highly skilled and hard-working people. To watch them simply shrug their shoulders over this is appalling.

Ali

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 1:32 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Thanks! I had the third problem "Muses incompatibility with some USB broadband connections." but to fixed the problem by using wifi from my smartphone.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 8:04 PM   in reply to Pixelhopper

Zak,

I still get the "An unexpected error occurred..." message after deleting the opm.db file and restarting several times.  I have deleted and reinstalled the application and the error still occurs.  I have tried to open the program while utilizing wifi and while having an ethernet cable pluged in (wifi disabled) the the Macbook, and there seems to be no difference.  Photoshop and other cloud applications open normally, just Muse seems to be affected.  

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:52 PM   in reply to brad.dwight

After upgrading from trial Muse (which worked great) to a subscription,

Same unexpected error when trying to activate.

Says to try again later,

hit the retry button

and the "working on it" rotating square just sits and rotates going on 15 minutes now.

I looked in the OOBE file

PDApp folder

I have a pim.db but no opm.db

I am working on a Macbook Pro

with Lion OS 10.7.4

airport WiFi

Quit and uninstalled Muse and AIR

reinstalling trial now...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 11:41 PM   in reply to Raptorfreak

Hi All

Have been through all these advices - with NO result at all.

But look at this. No one should go through all this crap just to activate something that you already have paid for!

If any of you find some kind of solution - please us know.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to Raptorfreak

Well for some strange reason all of the trouble I had last night with getting Muse to start has been fixed.

I reinstalled and then uninstalled Muse trial and subscription last night three times to no avail.  I left the "needs activation" page up from my latest attempt last night, and this morning when I clicked activate, it said "unexpected error".  After pressing try again, I got sent to the sign up for feedback to adobe page, which I signed up for. Now Muse is working.  I don't know if it's full Muse or just the Trial, but at this frustrating point, I DON'T CARE!!!

Thank you ADOBE???

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

I followed the path you recommended, but on my computer I had to go to the Shared folder to find the folders you speak of:

Users

Shared

Library

Application support

Adobe

The only folder I am seeing in here is for AIR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

This is just absolutely maddening. Perhaps it's time for another shout out to twitter to the world. Adobe why isn't this been resolved yet? We pay for software, and you tell us we are so happy to be in the cloud, but clearly it's something is wrong with MUSE and not your customers. I have been trying to use this software for over 2 months now, and still I can't get access. I don't know where this file is located on my windows 7, but it seems to be a login issue, as why is this the only software in the suite that is asking me to login again? I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. It's the code on this app, when are you going to fix it? Why are we going through all this without any effort from Adobe. I just don't get this! There should be a patch to resolve this issue! We shouldn’t have to go into the files of this app, there should be a patch where it deleted this file or whatever it needs to do, to resolve this issue. Script!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 9:17 PM   in reply to Raptorfreak

I had a hard time looking for it at first to. For those of you who are also try this:

1. Open windows explorer and in the explor field at the top type %appdata% and press enter (this will take you to a folder within appdata called roaming so you will need to go a folder up)

2. Back in the explorer bar at the top press appdata.

3. The first folder listed in appdata should be local, open it.

4.The first folder listed in local should be adobe, opent it.

5. Scroll down to OOBE, opent it.

6. Delete opm.db file.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 1:58 AM   in reply to aust1rp

best directions yet!! thanks all good. Even the 2.0 version might have to remove this file. I hope they add it in the script to delete this file next run.. Cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 2:17 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

If you are working with Win XP just keep the error window open, move it to the side and work with the programm. The programm opens in the background and works fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 11:26 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Thanks! It works!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Hi, I have tried on and off over the months since I joined the CLOUD and nothing has worked.  I even made sure the opd thing was still "gone".  I tried to relaunch just now, and it gave me the opty to download the new version, so, I'm hoping that clears it up once and for all!@  fingers crossed@

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2012 12:28 AM   in reply to Crown Int\'l Pics

Problem solved.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2012 4:23 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Problem not solve.

(Muse trial version, Win 7 x64)

What I try:

• version 2.2
    • version 2.3
    • Deleting opm.db
    • Configuring proxy and firewall
    • Launching Muse on several computers

Each time to login we have in MuseLog.txt this errors:

• Build 50: Nov 7 2012 15:03:50.929: Error: CSI: IMS: Fetch Account: Error Code: I-70 Error Message: Unable to retrieve account information (Note: this may not be an error)
    • Build 50: Nov 7 2012 15:03:50.934: Error: CSI: IMS: Connect: Error Code: I-200 Error Message: No Account

About adobe authorization sites.

For example when I trying to connect this site https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com (IE9) it seems to be opened, but shows nothing. IT Security engineer says that he allow all access to this 4 sites.

If I type wrong password Muse give me an error "The Adobe ID and password do not match. Please try again"

If I type correct password Muse thinking 5-10 seconds and give me I-200 Error (see screenshot in attach)2.png.

Any ideas to solve this error and launch Muse?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to aust1rp

Out of pages and hours of reading... this was the only one that worked for me.  Thanks! For me deleting the opm.db file definitely worked... but ... when I restarted Muse, after deleting the file, I had to fo through the "re-subscribe" option one time... then I was back in! All my files were still accessible and all back to normal.  Hallelujah!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to ILG-Tim

An Update: There are three known causes for an I-200 error. Of these three, number 1 is the most common. We're continuing to work with the Adobe subscription/trial team to isolate the cause of the opm.db file corruption and to improve the error reporting in the case of a firewall or security software interfering with Muse contacting the subscription/trial servers.

1) The "opm.db" file has somehow become corrupted. If this is the cause, deleting this file will resolve the error. (Muse will automatically generate a new one.)

Please delete the "opm.db" file found in:

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\OOBE

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

If you're not familiar with how to navigate to hidden files/folders on your computer:

on Mac: Use the "Go to folder" item in the "Go" menu in the Finder and enter "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE" (without the quotes). Delete the opm.db file.

on Windows: Click on Start. Type run and press Enter. Type "%localappdata%\Adobe\OOBE\" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Delete the opm.db file.

2) Anti-virus or anti-malware software on your machine is blocking Muse' ability to connect to the internet to verify your trial or subscription. If you're running McAfee or other security software, please verify it's configured to enable Muse to connect to the internet.

3) A corporate firewall is blocking Muse from being able to connect to the internet. Muse needs to be able to reach the following four https URLs to verify your subscription:

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com - should load a page that's clearly from Adobe

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com - should load a blank page with no errors in your browser (no server not found or 404)

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com - should load a blank page with no errors in your browser (no server not found or 404)

https://na1r.services.adobe.com - should load a blank page with no errors in your browser (no server not found or 404)

If any of these four URLs fail to load in your browser, you'll need to adjust the settings of your local firewall (or more likely) need to work with the IT department for your corporation to adjust the settings for the corporate firewall.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Hi! Just in addition to what Zak and others have mentioned - I found the "opm.db" file, but in the folder in the following path:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

I'm using Windows7

Cheers,

~Arti

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 11:02 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

3) A corporate firewall is blocking Muse from being able to connect to the internet. Muse needs to be able to reach the following four https URLs to verify your subscription:

Zak, thank for detailed answer. Do we need a connection allowed with other ports than 80 or 8080? If yes wich ports we need  to open?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 12:03 PM   in reply to AdobeMuse3

80 and 8080 should be sufficient. Muse also uses ports 33333 and 33334, but only locally for the Preview in Muse and Preview in Browser features so these ports would need to be enabled on your local machine, but I would not expect them to need to be enabled in your corporate firewall. (Note that if these ports are used by other processes, Muse will start trying consecutively higher port numbers, 33335, 33336, etc.).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Oops. One more. Port 443.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 11:10 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Oops. One more. Port 443.

Zak thanks again. But I don't think that I clearly understand you.

Do we need a connection allowed with ports 80,8080 and 443? Or port 443 refers to Preview features (I think Muse can launch without this features)?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to AdobeMuse3

The subscription/trial system needs 443.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2012 4:08 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

i m running in window 8, and it can t sort out the bug..

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2012 9:33 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Hi Zak,

I've gone through all of these steps and no solution for me on my Mac... and those links on your #2 all work fine for me btw. I've contacted support and even sent my log file to them, but I guess I'm waiting for a response.

I know this has everything to do with the fact that I first downloaded Muse as a trial.. then within a few days upgraded to Creative Cloud.. but Muse continued as a trial not the full version, even after I updated it. Now the trial ended and Muse no longer works for me..

So everytime I load Muse, it makes me login like I don't have creative cloud (which I do) and then I get this error (An unexpected error occurred processing your request. Please try again later. I-200)

I've also re-installed, etc... I'm betting I actually need the server-side fix?!

Can you help? I'm hoping to launch some important sites very soon. Thanks for you hard work!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2012 9:25 AM   in reply to Raptorfreak

This morning I too was faced with the dreaded "

An unexpected error occurred processing your request. Please try again later.

I-200" Error when launching Muse (I am a full Cloud Member and have used Muse for several Months)

I too have a pim.db but no opm.db inside the OOBE folder: well its actually an alias in the folder pointing to the> Ulitities/Adobe Application Manager/ folder. I am tempted to try deleting the pim.db, but would like further info from anyone before trying.

I have several clients sites in limbo and don't know what to do next. It seems its been several months since this issue was addressed here on the forums

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2012 9:43 AM   in reply to rectanglenw

Yes finally found the pim.db, deleted and can now launch Muse.... whewwww. Thanks for the info Zak!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 1:10 PM   in reply to gregoryalthoff

My problem has now been fixed with a new update btw, so I'm very happy I can continue using Muse as before:)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

I have spent the last 45 minutes scouring this forum becasue I have getting the same " An unexpected error occurred processing your request. Please try again later. I-200 " whilst attempting to login to Muse.

I have followed all the instructions I've found here to NO avail!! This is (to quote another member) maddening!!

I have no firewall, cannot find either a opm.db or PDApp.log file.

Only one of these sites open;

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com

https://na1r.services.adobe.com

and I cannot figure out how to remedy that. Listen - not everyone who uses Adobe products is a tech wiz, and I find it extremely elitist and arrogant of the tech support here to assume in their support instructions that we are.

Lamans Help would REALLY be appreciated!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Deleting the OOBE file in Windows-8 resolved the problem for me.  One piece of insight is that I recently had a member of a mirrored disk set fail and replaced the disk set.  So it may be related to a hardware configuration change.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to DigitalLayering

I have an (less than 1 year old) iMac, there is no OOBE file anywhere. That's what I said- I've gone through the forums and followed all the advice here without any resolution. I've now had to rebuild the site I built in MUSE because I cannot get into the program. VERY DISAPPOINTING ADOBE.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Zak, Help. Can't get in to Muse to work on a website I was working on last week. Same I-200 error. AND, I don't seem to have an opm.db file in my library. There was a pim.db file. I deleted that, but same problem. What do I do?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to Mad Dougie

There are (at least) two Library folders on every Mac. One at the root "/Library" and one in your user folder "~/Library". The opm.db file will be in "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE".

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 8:33 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Same problem for me. I'm using the Muse trial for 10 days only, and now can't launch. This is what I got when I try to launch Muse.

Screen Shot 2013-05-05 at 7.37.56 PM.png

Tried above methods. No OOBE for me. All four https URLs load ok. I'm using Mac Mountain Lion if that's matter.

I just noticed that, not only that I can't launch AdobeMuse with my account, I'm also having problem signing into my Creative Cloud Connection folder on my MacBook. The two problems seems to occurred at the same time.

Two days ago I was still amazed by the amazing features available from Adobe Creative Cloud and was thinking of subscribe to the plan. Now it makes me think twice. It seems like the Muse problem occurred more than a year ago and there's still no proper fixing from Adobe. If I can't access to the applications I subscribed and there is obviously no proper help from Adobe, then why am I paying for the subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

Why not just admit the product does not work all of the time?

It's Sunday and I cannot fix it (Error -200 does not go away -- people in India tell me to call back during normal business hours weekdays) and so I cannot make updates to my website.

It is a terrible situation -- I may go back to Dreamweaver if Adobe cannot resolve it.

Telling me I need to call a special support number weekdays doesn't meet my needs for a product that I am paying to be able to use 24/7.

I would seriously consider not using Muse if you need access to the product 24/7.  It apparently doesn't work on weekends, only Monday thru Fridays, 5am to 7pm.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 4:24 PM   in reply to Andrew123465

Have you deleted the opm.db file? Can you reach the web pages mentioned above (for the subscription servers)?

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 7:32 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

On my MAC hard drive, I went to

Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/

and deleted both the opm.db and the pim.db files, which has no effect.

I then uninstalled Adobe Application Manager and the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection, and reinstalled them and restarted my computer.

This has no effect (when I go to open Muse it says "Further account information is required to use Adobe Muse" and it asks me to sign in.  Then I get the "An unexpected error occurred" message.  I-200.

But this is interesting.  I signed out of Creative Cloud at the top of my screen, and then went to sign in, and it says the Adobe Application Manager is corrupt and I need a patched, and it sent me here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID= 4438

So I am installing this patch now (even though I just did a clean reinstall of the App Manager).

The patch is installed, and I signed into creative cloud.

I then went to Muse, and I get the same screen "Further account information is needed..." and then again "An unexpected error occurred".

So it's like a continuous loop of problems.  I can't find the opm.db file you mentioned, I searched for it where you said.

I don't know what to do otherwise, except perhaps open up Dreamweaver tomorrow if this problem can't be fixed.

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points