Skip navigation
dbattle76
Currently Being Moderated

Blank Illustrator Swatch Windows?

Jul 30, 2012 6:10 PM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #cs5 #swatches

I just upgraded my iMac to OSX Mountain Lion, and now, when I try to open a swatch window in Illustrator (5.1), the window is blank, like so:

illustratorwindow.jpg

This happens with the default swatches as well as the Pantone ones. I've been able to load the same swatches in both Indesign and Photoshop. Google has been no help-is there something I'm missing here?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 8:00 PM   in reply to dbattle76

Often when you update software especially the system then ther permissions become set wrong.

Try to repair the permissions with the disk utility and you might alos have to rest the prefernces

1. Quit Illustrator.
    2.Go to User/username/Library/Preferences/ Adobe illustrator CS5 Settings and trash the settings folder or rename it (s0omething like old Illustrator settings), the whole folder not just the contents of the folder..
    3. Start Illustrator. Illustrator creates a new preferences file.

On the mac in order to find the Library folder you hold down the option key and go to teh GO menu.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 1:40 AM   in reply to dbattle76

It's related to Font Explorer and there are other threads in this forum already on the same subject.

What to do: see either one of the other cwatches threads or see the "cannot place PSD"-threads. Same cause.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points