Skip navigation
iulia_pascanu
Currently Being Moderated

Segoe UI Light does not work in Fireworks CS5.1

Jul 31, 2012 5:52 AM

Tags: #fireworks #ui #light #segoe

Hi all,

I have the following problem: From all Segoe fonts available on my computer, only 3 appear in the Fireworks font list. I need to use Segoe UI Light, but it's not available, though it is installed on my machine. Does anybody have any ideea how to fix this? I don't think that this is an OS problem. Though I do have Windows XP on my machine, other coleagues of mine who have Vista and Windows 7 have experienced the same problem. Thank you in advance! 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to iulia_pascanu

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but have you checked the font's style menu (or whatever it's called)?

style list.png

Also, is the missing font available to you in other Adobe CS apps?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to iulia_pascanu

I'm more of a Mac user and am not familiar with the Segoe UI typeface or how it's used in Windows systems, but here are a few ideas:

• Where is Segoe UI Light installed on your system? Is it a system font, or a Microsoft Office font? If the latter is the case, perhaps the font could be moved into a system font folder instead, for use with other applications. (If you move fonts into a system folder, you may want to restart your computer immediately afterward.)
    • Do you use a font management application, like Linotype FontExplorerX or Suitcase Fusion? If so, check that Segoe UI Light is activated. Also, look for any preferences regarding font requests within the font manager. If there is a list of applications for which font requests are allowed, add Fireworks to that list.

If this doesn't help, can you possibly compare notes with the person sending you the files? Maybe they'd have some insight.

Incidentally, InDesign and Illustrator used to have (and may still have) a Fonts folder that one could place troublesome fonts inside, so that they would appear in the application's font menu. But Photoshop and Fireworks have never had that, as far as I know.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points