Skip navigation
PhelpsTek
Currently Being Moderated

Line path disappears on save file

Jul 31, 2012 12:09 PM

Tags: #layers #objects #line_segment

I created a circle and positioned a line segment on top of it. When I preview or save the image, the line segment doesn't appear. Here is an illustration of the problem.

line on circle capture.jpg

line on circle preview.jpg

I'm obviously not an expert, so thanks for any help you can offer

Brian.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 12:15 PM   in reply to PhelpsTek

If you open the Layers panel and the Layer these items are on. what is the order? It should be Path (white stag) Path (green circle) Image. Also is the white set to overprint?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to PhelpsTek

What appearance settings are present for the circle and stag? The grey, solid, dot to the right of the layer name indicates there's some Appearance option set for that layer/object. This may be a simple matter of incorrect blending modes being set.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to PhelpsTek

Why the groups when there are only one item in the group? What happens if you remove the overprint from the fill of the stag?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 12:51 PM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

I too would suspect the overprint of the stag. White tends to overprint, which will cause items to disappear when printed or when using Safe for Web (Unless overprint preview is turned on).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 12:57 PM   in reply to PhelpsTek

See my post above.. white objects can mistakenly overprint. This causes them to drop off when printed or using Save for Web. Whenever you ahve a white object, you'll want to check the overprint settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points