Skip navigation
Super Mon
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with PDFS in Dreamweaver

Jul 31, 2012 1:58 PM

Tags: #help #pdf #dreamweaver #error_404

I'm new to Dreamweaver. I need to replace some PDFs that have outdated information. I created new PDFs, saved them to the root, broke the old link, made a new link, connecting the new PDF, selected ctrl + double click to open the PDF to make sure it was there, saved the file, and put the file up. Then, when I  open the changed links in the browser, I get a 404. When I go back to reconnect the old, outdated links, they work, but none of the new links do. It's definitely a user error--I can't find any resources to help me past the problem and  I absolutely cannot see what I am doing differently or wrong. It's making me crazy! I hope you can help! Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to Super Mon

Looks like you forgot to upload the new PDFs, or you uploaded them to the wrong place.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 2:13 PM   in reply to Super Mon

Either the path to the PDF http://campfireusa-mn.org/Events/2012sponsorshipjuly.pdf is wrong

or the PDF is not located in the Events folder on the server (has it accidentally been uploaded to the root directory or another folder?)

or the name of the PDF is different

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to Super Mon

Are you uploading the PDFs -to the server- separately from the HTML pages?

DW doesn't do that automatically when you upload a changed HTML page.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to Super Mon

When you connect to the server, you can drag and drop them to their corresponding folders. or right click the individual PDFs and choose "Put".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points