Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Timeline Animation Question

Jul 31, 2012 2:03 PM

Tags: #photoshop #cs5 #cs6 #timeline #timeline_animation

In PS I can use keyframes and the timeline option to move the position of a layer. Works great if I am just moving the basic position of the layer, but I would like to take a layer and have it rotate 360 degrees. I do not know how to do this using timeline animation. Is this possible and how?

Note: I know I could use frame animation and attempt it that way but I am looking for timeline animation. Also I am looking for solutions that work in CS5+

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,011 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 31, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

With the Photoshop CS6 Timeline Palette you create a video or frame animation and I think what you want to do is to create a frame animation not a  video.  Perhaps a video would be possible if you have the frame layers.  Either way I think a simple action would be very useful in the process.

You could create an action that would dupe the current layer and rotate the new layer 10 degrees. After recording that action record a second action that plays the first action 35 times open the timeline palette use its the pull-down menu to select frame animation then click on that frame animation button to create a frame animation use the timeline palette's fly-out menu and select make frames from layers.  Then use save for web and devices to save an animated gif.

Is CS6 what ypu ment with CS5+ ???

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 31, 2012 2:47 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Just like it sounds...  Start your recording, then just play the other action by selecting it and pressing the play button.  It really is that simple. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 31, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Well, once you record a step to run an action, you could use the editing facilities in the Actions panel to duplicate that step a number of times.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points