• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No valid Acrobat serial number found

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Dreamweaver 5, Acrobat (from CS3) will no longer open documents. I have Windows 7 and have tried following the help instructions (solutions 1,2,3) but then fail to see some items as they are either not there or are greyed out. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message do you receive when trying to open PDFs in Acrobat?  What help instructions in specific are you referring to?  Also to confirm you are trying to use Acrobat 8 under Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No valid Acrobat serial number found. Acrobat will now quit"

The help instructions I found doing a google search. It is at: http://helpx.adobe.come/acrobat/kb/error-no-valid-acrobat-serial.html

Yes, I am trying to use Acrobat 8 under Windows 7.....is that the problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is certainly going to increase your difficulties.  Windows 7 was not released at the time when Acrobat 8 was available.  You can find the system requirements at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-acrobat-family-products.html#m....  Most certainly you will be unable to generate PDF files using the Adobe PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to generate pdf files.....only open pdf's from an email. Is there no easy solution to do this?

Seems odd that Adobe wouldn't provide a patch or something to remedy this.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are only opening PDF files then I would recommend downloading and installing the most recent version of Adobe Reader 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.....I did that but I still get the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MiltonBC I am confused when you try to install Adobe Reader it also is asking you for a serial number?  If so then I would recommend you try removing Acrobat 8 first and then install Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I removed Adobe Reader 10 and Acrobat 8....then tried installing Reader 10 again, but it say's it already exists.....grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines