Skip navigation
GRSM_PL78
Currently Being Moderated

Webfont from Myfonts.com

Jul 31, 2012 2:08 PM

Hi,

I am to buy a Web font from myfonts.com (web versions of our corporate font) and I have no idea how to import one to MUSE...the font is not avialable in Typekit...any idea how to import it?

Regards

GRSM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to GRSM_PL78

Apply this snippit of code into your <head> section:

<style type="text/css">

@font-face {

font-family: yourfont;

src: url('yourfont.ttf');

}

p.customfont {

font-family: "My Custom Font", Verdana, Tahoma; }

</style>

You can add it here:

Page << Page Properties << metadata

Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 2.45.08 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 7:10 PM   in reply to jgrummel

Thanks jgrummel, I have been trying to work out how to do this in Muse for ages. But I'm no code expert, so can you please provide an example of the code where the font name is XXXX and let us know how to use the font within Muse? Also, I understand different browsers need different types of font and not just truetype, so will this code work with all browsers?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to Rory_M

Hi,

Please refer to this document,

Adding fonts to your site - http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/6780-adding-fonts-to- your-site

As Julia pointed, you can add the information to the head section via page properties. Make sure when you create a kit, your website domain is added there, http://project02.businesscatalyst.com/Jing/2012-08-02_0134.png

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 7:29 PM   in reply to Abhishek Maurya

Sorry Anhishek, the question was in regard to a font that isn't on Typekit. My client has specified that he must be hosting the font on his own server and can not use Typekit, Google Fonts or any other hosting.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to Rory_M

Hi Rory_M,

I would refer you to the documentation at myfonts.com. You will have to get in touch with them so that they can provide you the steps that are needed to successfully use their fonts on your website. If that requires you to insert certain code on your web site then you can either use Page Properties -> Metadata or Object -> Insert HTML.

Most probably, you will have to upload the font on your server and use the CSS @font-face to apply the font. If you have a page live on which you are having problems, you can share it with me and I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to Abhishek Maurya

Thanks Abhishek

What I am looking for is the @font-face code to paste into either Page Properties -> Metadata or Object -> Insert HTML to allow me to use a font that is hosted on the same server as the Muse website (in the same folder) in EOT, TTF and WOFF formats for cross-browser compatibility, and then instructions on how to get Muse to use that font on text that I select within Muse.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 6:40 AM   in reply to Rory_M

Hi,

The code would look some thing like this,

@font-face {
       font-family: 'MyFontFamily';
       src: url('myfont-webfont.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
       src: url('myfont-webfont.eot?iefix') format('eot'), /* IE6-IE8 */
       url('myfont-webfont.woff') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers */
       url('myfont-webfont.ttf')  format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
       url('myfont-webfont.svg#svgFontName') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
    }

You will not be able to use Muse to apply those fonts to the text. To do that you will have define the styles in a css file. You can create the text in Muse and the from the exported html check the IDs or classes assigned to the text containers and apply the style to those.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points