Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Navigating into MSOs

Jul 30, 2012 5:19 PM

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to navigate to a specific state within a MSO. I'm specifically trying to have a MSO in the vertical orientation and allow the user to turn to the horizontal orientation without losing their stop in the MSO.

Thanks

-Scott

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to Scott Landis

To navigate to a specific state, create a button with a Go To State action.

To make sure that the slideshow remains on the same state when the iPad is rotated, make sure that the multi-state object (MSO) has the exact same name in the two layouts. You specify the MSO name in the Object States panel.

You might want to watch a few basic videos about DPS to learn the basics. Here's a getting started page:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f6017 4dc2eb12f2ca67c28-8000.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to Scott Landis

I think I understand now. Here's something you might want to try. In the horizontal layout, create an empty invisible MSO with the same name and the same number of states as the MSO in the vertical layout. When you rotate the iPad from vertical to horizontal and back to vertical, the MSO state should be preserved.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points