Skip navigation
tpgarrett
Currently Being Moderated

RE: Photoshop Elements 6

Jul 31, 2012 8:20 AM

Suddenly when I open a folder only the icon shows up, no photo.  In any of the Edit modes that is.  Photos are visible in the Organizer.  Also, If I select an icon, the photo shows up at the bottom of the page and if I click open the photo will open as usual.

I have been running this for several yrs. and never had this problem before.  What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

P.S---4 gig ram on windows vista 64

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to tpgarrett

What do you mean by opening a folder and only seeing an icon? Where are you opening a folder? Editor (with it's different edit modes) doesn't work with folders.

Could you post a screen shot?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 4:38 PM   in reply to tpgarrett

What's going on with your files? That's a pretty strange icon to have. Looks like you've installed something which has taken over the file association for PSDs.

Additionally, this is a Windows dialog box (we are just borrowing code from the OS to make this appear), we have no control over what appears in this box. I'd suggest removing whatever application you've installed that uses that icon and see if that clears things up.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 6:20 PM   in reply to tpgarrett

As I mentioned, Photoshop Elements has no control over this window, so reinstalling shouldn't change anything. What about reinstalling ACDSee?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points