Skip navigation
VarietyX
Currently Being Moderated

Constant Buffering Issues

Jul 10, 2012 7:45 PM

Tags: #problem #help #flash #youtube #video #not_working #player #flash_player #flash_player_11

I'm using 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium.  My browser is Chrome, both it and Flash have been automatically updated to the newest vesions.

For a few days now, close to a week, I've been having buffering issues with any video source that uses Flash.  I'll get a few seconds of video, buffer, few seconds, buffer.  This never stops as long as the video runs.

My internet connection is fine and no software on my computer has changed.  I've cleared all temporary files, caches, cookies, etc. in an attempt to speed videos.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome.  Nothing has helped so far.

I've also tested videos that run off other things, such as Silverlight, and have no problem with them.

This is obviously an annoying issue, even more so since I spend a lot of time watching streaming videos for shows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 6:28 PM   in reply to VarietyX

Is this happening with more than just a single site (youtube, hulu, etc)?  Typically these are network related issues, but you might want to try a different browser, such as IE, to see if it reproduces there too.  If it does, try downgrading to a previous version of Flash player to see if it's version related.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points