Exit

Tomcat exception Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF 10 Developer Edition.

Windows XP SP3

When submitting a page that worked fine in CF 7 on this machine, I get an error I've never seen before:

==================

HTTP STATUS 500-

description: The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: ROOT CAUSE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendError(ResponseFacade.java:451) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:120) at coldfusion.tagext.io.cache.ehcache.GenericResponseWrapper.sendError(GenericResponseWrapper.java:91) at coldfusion.filter.FormScope.parseQueryString(FormScope.java:501)

etcetera, which ends in

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.23 logs.

===================

I can't seem to be able to debug or localize this error: cfabort placed in strategic places doesn't help at all, and none of my usual tricks work. The debug info is not displayed when this error happens (although the server is set to display debug info, and it normally does).

Totally puzzled,

LBPSlava

TOPICS
Connector

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Perhaps adjust Maximum number of POST request parameters from say 100 to 500.

CF10admin > Server Settings > Settings > Request Size Limits > Maximum number of POST request parameters > value

Not sure you may need to restart CF10 for change to apply.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps adjust Maximum number of POST request parameters from say 100 to 500.

CF10admin > Server Settings > Settings > Request Size Limits > Maximum number of POST request parameters > value

Not sure you may need to restart CF10 for change to apply.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thank you, Carl. I did exactly what you said (and restarted the

CF Application Server just in case), and that solved the problem.

I marked your reply as Correct in the Discussion, thanks.

LBPSlava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this discussion fixed my problem.  Customers of ours had a number of forms with more than 100 fields.  This is CF setting is new and honestly, I think 100 is too low.  500 should be the default.

it's not cool to find out about this option from errors in a production server.   Better to make the default higher, then admins can lower it if they want rather than cause chaos until this new buried option is discovered.

Please Adobe consider increasing this default value, while on the surface it's seemingly high, we have a product that creates a lot of hidden fields...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated above, not cool to find out about this in prod! This option is a real pain in... well, you know where!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation