Skip navigation
BarbZH
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 crashes while checking spelling

Jul 31, 2012 8:40 PM

Help!! working on a 500 page book divided into tutorials, supposed to be completed by Friday, with tons of screenshots links.

For the third time, a document which used to spell check just fine, is now crashing InDesign.

For the first two documents, what I ended up doing was duplicating the file, and then deleting everything after the crash, rechecking spelling until I got enough out that spellcheck would work. Then I added stuff back paragraph by paragraph until I could isolate where the corruption appeared. I then retyped paragraph by paragraph, making sure spellcheck worked. Once I got over the hurdle I could paste in the rest of the document and everything worked fine.

I have only the standard dictionary, and I don't believe I have even any user-defined words.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 4:02 AM   in reply to BarbZH

Perhaps a bad font, but this sort of thing can sometimes be fixed, if it's internal to the file, by following the steps here: Remove minor corruption by exporting

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 8:28 AM   in reply to BarbZH

It might. Post it on Pastebin.com and put a link here.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to BarbZH

I'm not a real expert on crash reports, but this one looks, not surprisingly, like it involves the Proximity dictionary (Proximity is the dictionary vendor, in this case).

You CAN install without the added fonts, by the way. You have to click to expand the component lists on the right hand side of the installer window when it comes up in one of the first steps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points