Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No Update Prompts

Jul 30, 2012 4:07 PM

Tags: #install #update #cs6 #cloud #creative_cloud

It seems like almost every time I open a different CS6 CreativeCloud program, I'm prompted to re-submit my activation. BUT, I see a bunch of updates are coming out for the Mac version (I see this on Macupdate.com, not on my own computer). I do not receive any update prompts on my computer, anywhere. Trying to use Update from the Help menu of any program opens the AAM, which then tells me I'm up to date (I'm not). Opening the Creative Cloud site shows me that I need to install all the programs, although they're already installed.

HOW do I update my software? HOW do I let AAM know that my software is installed on this computer (I STILL want to install it on my laptop, but fear the "over-activation" issue)? HOW do I tell the software I'm licensed, and to leave me alone for a month?

Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to S_Gans

Have had the same issue. There's really not much help in this forum. Forget about calling Adobe customer support because they have absolutely no clue whatsoever. It's really unbelievable. After researching hours on my own I found out that there's an update available for the Adobe Application Manager that fixes those issues. They appearantly appear if you open a CS5 application which overwrites the CS6 cloud membership registration/activation or whatever. As a result CS6 opens as a trial which you have to license again. The AAM suppose to fix that. I installed it and it seems it did the trick (we'll see...). http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

But before I updated I could launch another AAM (I found somewhere in the utilities) which showed me the available CS6 updates. After installing the AAM update I only get the one that shows me what I currently have installed. I don't get the window showing me what to update anymore. By the way, if I drag the new AAM into my mac dock it turns into "AdobeCreativeCloudClient". AAM and ACCC where two different things before and merged into one somehow. What a mess. Question of the day: "How can I now check for updates?". Anybody?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 10:37 PM   in reply to S_Gans

Someone replied to me earler after I posted the update-question separately. If you have a CS6 app open you find an "Updates..." option under the Help menu (2nd from the bottom in my case). This launches one of the two "manifestions" of the AAM that checks for updates. I really don't understand why this AAM doesn't simply give you 2 options: To check if software from the suite is installed AND check for updates. Just one app with 2 buttons "installations" and "updates" would makes sense, no?...

Also if I type in "CS6 software update" in the search here inside adobe's help section of this site this little piece of information (update by clicking HELP > Updates...) should really pop up somewhere. But nothing. Sad indeed...

At least my issue seems to be fixed by updating the AAM. No more activation / licensing windows so far. Good luck with your troubles!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points