Skip navigation
JIngeman77
Currently Being Moderated

Retrieving action from links

Aug 1, 2012 1:27 AM

Tags: #action #getlinks

Hi all,

We have a large number of pdf files that contains links to other pdf files. What I would like to do is to scan each pdf file and extract which other files are linked from this file, since this is not known. Ive used GetLinks in order to retrieve the links for one page, but as I read it from the documentation its only possible to edit some graphical appearence and setAction, not actually retreive the information from the actual action in the link object. So my question is, are there any workarounds for this case? If its not possible to retreive the action information, is it possible to programmaticly trigger the event(mouse up i think) for the each link, since the link object contains coordinates  for the link? And then retrieve information about the new document that is opened. Then go to next link object and so on. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 2:35 AM   in reply to JIngeman77

With a plugin you can get all informations of the links. You must write the plugin in C/C++.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 4:57 AM   in reply to JIngeman77

I believe the XML export should include the link information.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to JIngeman77

Nope – that’s probably all that we have, since Actions can be many thing and describing them generically isn’t something we’ve done.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points