• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recorded Training Project not Playing inside of a Project

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using V5 and I am having an issue with getting a training project/swf to play within another project. When I view the training project by itself, it plays beautifully, but when I try to get it to work within my larger project no such luck.

I have the training project as invisible when you get to the slide and the user needs to click a button to show it. All that shows is the playbar.

This is driving me crazy because I know that it should be a simple thing to figure out! adobe_question.png

I've included a screen shot of the larger project. Not sure if you can read it, but I have seemed to have lost my SnagIt so I had to take a Windows print. Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this "training project" SWF created using Captivate too?

Are you trying to insert a Captivate SWF inside another Captivate SWF, then HIDE it and try to use Advanced Actions to SHOW it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to all. I am using a button that will show the training project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're trying to do is NOT recommended.

My guess would be that the SHOW command is only able to turn on the playbar of the nested project.  If your nested project did not have a skin, you might find that the SHOW command worked on it.

Try removing the Skin on the project, publishing without the skin, and then inserting the new SWF.  See if that means that you now see the project when the button is clicked.  If so, then my theory would seem to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took off the skin and made it visible in the slide. When I go to that slide it does not show.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the inserted SWF show at all if you do NOT set it to be hidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not show at all and it is not hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did another training recording and published it to see if it would show up and it does not. It is acting like the other training recording that I started this discussion with. Could the training recording be the problem? Do I need to do something special to get it started within a regular project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before, nesting Captivate SWFs inside other Captivate SWFs is NOT recommended and tends to cause lots of issues.

However, most people at least get the inserted project to be visible before they run into other issues. I don't understand why it's not working in your case.  I think there may be something else you are not telling us so far that would give a clue to the cause.  It might be something seemingly unimportant.

Try just creating a sample Captivate project with a couple of slides and captions on them (not a recorded simulation) and see if you can insert that into the project and have it show up.

Make sure you have the Visibility setting ON for these SWFs as shown on the Properties tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you ask and still nothing. I can see it running when I do a preview in the library, but it just doesn't show up on the stage.

I can get a captivate demo recording to work within a project. It just seems to be when I use the training mode to do the recording that the published swf is not showing up in the project. The training recording project works just fine by itself, it just doesn't seem to work with another project. What could be the difference between a demo recording vs a training recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...so the SWF you've inserted that does not work is one recorded in Training mode.  Now that might be significant.

The Demo mode does not require user input as the Training mode does.  I've never heard of anyone trying to use aTraining mode capture as a nested SWF.  Everyone usually uses Demo.

I think it's time perhaps you just followed the recommended practice and copied the slides from your Demo or Training projects straight into the main project file and gave up the idea of nesting published SWFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is what I am going to do (sigh). It would have been easier to just insert the .swf, but oh well. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources