Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Colours Don't remain synchronised in CS6

Aug 1, 2012 4:24 AM

Having installed CS6 I am experiencing the above issue. Colour settings are synchronised in bridge and that appears to work across the other apps but only for a short period of time. They soon become unsynchronised and by that I mean within minutes or hours. Is anybody else experiencing this behaviour? And is there a solution? This appears to be the case on an install under lion and a clean install of mountain lion on a laptop. Any help resolving this would be much appreciated!

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Peter John Greenwood

Are you using a particular preset for your color settings?  Which Adobe applications are you using?  When setting are the color settings changing too?  Have you tried a new local admin account to see if you continue to experience the same difficulties?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to Peter John Greenwood

Thank you Peter yes please test it with the newly created admin account and see if you continue to experience the same difficulties.  I will look forward to your update.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:19 PM   in reply to Peter John Greenwood

If you adjust the color settings to the Europe Prepress 3 default within the various applications do the settings remain the same?  Which Adobe CS6 products in specific are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to Peter John Greenwood

I have seen a similar minor issue to this occur around the CS3 time frame.  Bridge would report the color settings as unsyncronized but all the Applications would have the same correct color setting.  I am curious to see if that is the same thing which is occuring here.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to Peter John Greenwood

Peter I have tried to duplicate this locally but I am not observing the same behavior you have described.  Here is the workflow I went through:

Launched Adobe Bridge C6

Went to Creative Suite Color Settings

Put a checkmark next to Show Expanded List of Color Settings Files and choose Europe Prepress 3

I then quit Bridge, and opened Photoshop, Ilustrator, InDesign one at a time.

Each of them still show as synchronized.  Is it possible you had one of the Adobe applications open while you are trying to adjust the color settings?

The other settings I have changed is my language is English (North America) and I only have Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat 10 installed.  I don't believe the language setting will make much of a difference with the exception of needing to Show the Expanded List when selecting my Color settings.

You may also want to try purging the cache in Bridge.  You can find the steps on how to accomplish this at Manage the cache | Adobe Bridge CS4, CS5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/cache-bridge-cs4-cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to Peter John Greenwood

Peter next time it is unsynced can you please post which applications settings are off and where that setting diverges from the Europe Prepress 3 default.  This might give us some more clues as to what might be affecting it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to Peter John Greenwood

Peter it would be best if you work directly with our support team so they can investigate the issue with you directly.  You can contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points