Exit

Flash Player Update Service Problem

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I use Firefox, Vers. 13.0.1. and  Adobe Flash Player Vers. 11.3.300.262

According to the new installation of Firefox 13.0.1. and the above version of AFP the problem of AFP crashing after closing Firefox was resolved.

However, I now have the problem when AFP trys to Update. I constantly receive ther error message:

"Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.3 r300 has encountered a problem and must end the process."

I receive this message several times per day.

This message may be different in the English language, as I am in Germany and receive naturally the German translation.

I work under Windows XP.

Can anyone give me a tip?

Thnaks

D.Fazendin

This question  was changed to english by the owner: dfazendin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, am receiving same message (in English) several times a day, with Google Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m.

lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one of the many reported bugs that (hopefully)  Adobe is  working on now -- See: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4534831

As a quick fix to the problem, you might try disabling Flash Player's "auto search for updates" feature.

Go to this page -- http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

Click on the "globe-checkmark" icon tab.

Click on the check-mark in the box next to "notify me when an update to adobe flash player is available" to clear it.

After you do this, right click on the screen, and in the drop down menu  scroll down to "global settings..." and left-click it.  This will call up the global settings manager, which is located in Windows Control Panel. (You can also access this program directly from your Windows Control Panel, but I don't know what sub folder it's in for Windows XP.)

Click on the Advanced tab, and then click on the box next to  "Never Check for Updates."

The auto update feature can be re-enabled once the problem is fixed.  In the meantime, you can periodically check for updates, and download them, right from this page -- http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

HTH,

Ortho_Fan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Ortho_Fan!

lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If auto updates are left on will it eventually grab the update that fixes the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have placed my  Auto update on again, but the problem with the Update crashing is still there.  Up to 3-4 times a day.  I have seen the answers from the ADOBE Support, but the answers given does not solve any problems.  I personally do not believe that the Support should constantly be giving USERS work arounds that don't help the matter a bit and which takes up too much of our time.  Just get the problem fixed for us out there and stop telling us to try this and try that!!! S O R R R Y ! ! !

I request that all persons with these problems Vote so that it will soon be take care of soon!! See bug report #3231139

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable automatic updating via group policy?

Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

As a quick fix to the problem, you might try disabling Flash Player's "auto search for updates" feature.

Go to this page -- http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager02.html

Click on the "globe-checkmark" icon tab.

Click on the check-mark in the box next to "notify me when an update to adobe flash player is available" to clear it.

After you do this, right click on the screen, and in the drop down menu  scroll down to "global settings..." and left-click it.  This will call up the global settings manager, which is located in Windows Control Panel. (You can also access this program directly from your Windows Control Panel, but I don't know what sub folder it's in for Windows XP.)

Click on the Advanced tab, and then click on the box next to  "Never Check for Updates."

Regards

D. Fazendin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i need a way to centrally manage this though. it's really not feasible to go around to a large number of machines and manually configure it via control panel.

Is there a registry key that controls this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use GP, but I used a Kace script to change the mss.cfg and deleted the update service. However, users or local admins may still see past error messages, but hopefully this will stop future errors. You could also just install the new version and disable updating during the install.

------------------------------

mms.cfg, located in "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash":

AutoUpdateDisable=1

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

Disabled then deleted  AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc

1. sc.exe config AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc start= disabled
  2. sc..exe delete ”AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc“

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike.

Yes I can imagine that this could cause a lot of work. However, I know of no other way, sorry!!

I reside in Germay, but am presently visiting my relatives in the US. So don't wonder about the German below.

I sure hope they get this problem solved soon. I'm getting tired of ADOBE Support giving us work-arounds which do not work!!

Kind regards,

D. Fazendin

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Donald Fazendin

Am Raaer Moor 26

25335 Elmshorn

Tel.: 049-(0)4121-88302

Mob.: 049-(0)176-483 865 29

donaldfazendin@web.de

Wir sind Paten bei Plan International/We sponsor children at Plan International

Unsere Web-Favoriten/Our preferred websites:

www.plan-deutschland.de

www.hamburg.plan-aktionsgruppen.de

http://plan-international.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update to let you know we hope to have a fix available for the Update Service crash very soon (possibly as early as tomorrow).  I'll post with additional details as soon as they are available.

Thanks for your patience.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We released Flash Player 11.3.300.270 today to specifically address the crash in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe.  Please see this announcement post for additional details and links to the installers:

8/2/2012 - Flash Player 11.3 Update

We'd like to thank everyone that helped us troubleshoot and debug this issue.  I'm sorry you had to go through this but glad it's now resolved.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just sent a bug report.  I am hoping that Adobe will get the message and fix this error.  It is getting really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anna,

I have already sent a bug report earlier.  See bug report # 3231139 and also 3227919. https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3231139

A Jing Chen si monitoring this and has sent information on how to possibly solve this.  However, I believe that this method stated would cause me alot of work and it's not that important, as I have taken the steps of Ortho_Fan and have turned off the updates with the Link:

Go to this page -- http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager02.html

I can always retract this when the problem has been solved by Adobe.

LOL

D.Fazendin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I tried manually updating my Flash Player, hoping it would solve the problem. I realize that I can shut off the automatic updates and this will temporarily solve the problem. However, I am reluctant to do so because I am afraid that I will forget to do updates and /or turn it back on when the problem is resolved.

L. Anna Von Straussenburg

Required Circular 230 Disclosure

New IRS rules, which govern the way we conduct our tax practice, dictate that we give you the following notice: This written advice is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna and all others.

I have tried out Jing's work around but can't delete the folders and files due to the fact that they are write protected.  See my new note to Jing in the bug reeport #3231139: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3231139

Please don't forget to VOTE: See Votes: on the right hand side of screen under Attachments in the bugbase. 

The more people that vote, the quicker ( I hope) the bug fix.

Best regards

D. Fazendin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi out there again.

Does anyone out there use IncrediMail 2.0?  I believe I have found a smal problem with it.  See also my new note concerning this in my bug report #3231139:https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3231139

Its a long shot, but who knows.  The problem could be also in an adjoing software program!!  Just hope we can get this solved.

Regards

D. Fazendin

Nachricht geändert durch dfazendin  Link to bugbase wasn't working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added my vote.  There are only two votes.  it would be nice if everyone experiencing this issue would vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see 11.3.300.268 is now available. Anybody know if it contains a fix for the auto updater?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not, but we're working on a lead for a fix now.  I'll post back when I have more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will 11.3.300.268 finally fix the audio issues?  Because I upgraded to 11.3.300.265 a few weeks ago, and I STILL got the audio stuttering before I downgraded to 11.2 again.    I read that 11.4 Beta is supposed to finally fix the audio issues once and for all.  Is it true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angeldeb82 - are these audio issues occuring in Firefox?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are, a bit with v. 11.3.300.265.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you update to Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and see if this still occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines