Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR, Contact sheet, margin set

Aug 1, 2012 10:15 AM

Hi

When i print a contact sheet and have the page option (page number, page info) - then these number and info gets printed right at the border of the paper.

I can't find anywhere that I can set the outer border and get these things a bit in from the very border of the paper.

Can anyone help on this one?

film1183-contactsheet-cut.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

under print>layout> there are margin settings for top and bottom .

how to create a contact sheet video tutorial: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-lightroom-4/creating-a-contact-sheet/

Screen-Shot-2012-08-01-at-10.38.13-AM.jpg

janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

try looking at my screen shot. see under layout... how it has  margins> then "top" and "bottom". this would alter the top and bottom margins

-janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to janelle_f

Screen-Shot-2012-08-01-at-10.38.13-AM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

ok its slightly confusing on what you are exactly wanting. here there are margins, set away from top and bottom, as well as the sides. photo information. as well as a margin at the bottom for pages and the page information.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-01-at-11.12.43-AM.jpg

janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to janelle_f

the purpose of the resting at the bottom- is to be cut off eventually. if you really need a border i added a thin hairline in the printer settings:

Screen-Shot-2012-08-01-at-11.18.59-AM.jpg

it seems to be the only workaround, unless you want to add in that information your self separately in another application such as PS.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

well the bottom margin still sits at the bottom ( and i understand you dont like that), but the gray margins that you see are all from the templates, i created one 4x5 contact sheet, or whichever one you choose.

Print> single image/contact sheet > 4x5 contact sheet template>alter your layout margins to you liking, cell spacing, guides >show guides>margins and gutters, page bleed, rulers.

page> page options>page numbers, page info, crop marks (optional)>photo info

thats what i did, but you can alter how you would like.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-01-at-11.35.20-AM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

ive just printed to both printers here in my office. what are your printer settings? mine prints exactly as my screen looks. can you also attach screen shots like mine, when you are in the print module?

-janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

hmm im not sure.  pretty frustrating i have to say! ill get someone to look into it who may know a little more behind-the-scenes. thanks Soren for being so patient!

-janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 3:46 PM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

The Page Options "Page Numbers" and "Page Info" sit at the Page Margins. This is not the same as the margins for the individual image cells (that you control with Margins under Layout). Instead, this is an attribute of the page/paper preset you are using from your printer. Go down to the Page Setup button in the lower-left. Choose a Paper Size that includes margins (if your printer allows for custom sizes, this will be your best option, but not all printers allow this). Also, make sure you are not using a "Borderless" paper type.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to Søren Langkilde Madsen

I've been frustrated about this bug as well.  Here is my hack that seems to work ok.

Download a printer driver that will support making custom page sizes if you don't already have one.  I am on a PC and I am using the printer driver for the hp LaserJet 1200 series. It just happens that I have this printer installed but you don't need the actual printer physically installed in order to run the printer driver.  In the page setup for this printer, I can specify and save custom dimensions which will be added to the drop down menu of sizes next time I open the page setup.

In the page setup for your fake printer driver, make a custom size that is smaller than an 8.5 x 11 page.  I made mine 8x10.  This custom size essentially becomes your margins.   Export to PDF. 

The page setup options don't seem to be locked to your final printer selection. In other words, in the page setup on the left, you can specify a certain printer and set your custom page size.   When you click the print button in LR you can select a different printer...in my case Primo PDF...but your page size settings will remain in effect

You'll end up with a PDF where the pages are 8x10 in size (or whatever your custom size is).   Now when you  make a physical print of the PDF, your page size will be smaller than the paper size which should keep your page numbers well within the edge of the page. 

It might take some experimenting to get it how you want it.   Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points