Skip navigation
Pepperpotsman
Currently Being Moderated

Can Not View From from different client

Jul 31, 2012 4:49 AM

I have a form created in Livecycle 8.3 It is interactive and uses an XML data base. When i test the form it works great. It is secured with a password and uses extended rights through Acrobat Pro 8.3 When i send this to people using Reader to try it, they all get the same message: Need a newer version, then it opens and works great. If a user was opening with Standard 8 or Pro 8, the same thing happens except no version error message and the data does not poulate correctly. I am at my witts end...Help!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to Pepperpotsman

Hi,

No sure, but you should open the form in LC Designer and go to File > Form Properties > Defaults. Then check that target version you have set for the form. Make sure this matches the latest version that the users have.

Then go to the Warnings tab (you can open this palette from the Windows menu, it may be under the Report option). There make sure that you address any errors/warnings. You may have designed in a functionality that is not available in the target version.

Hope that helps,

Niall

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 11:35 PM   in reply to Pepperpotsman

Okay,

That is the Report tab, which shows you issues as the form renders. Certainly you will need to resolve these issues. For example, "index" is a reserved word, so when declaring your variable you would use something different, like "myIndex".

You have probably copied a date solution that had a script object called "util". This appears to be missing from your form.

If you now go to the Warnings tab, there you will see if there are any target version issues that you need to resolve.

Hope that helps,

Niall

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Pepperpotsman

Okay,

That went a bit too far. The script should looks like:

var myindex = this.parent.index;

For example, when naming the variable you must stay clear of reserved words (like "index"). This is why I recommended declaring the variable as "myindex".

However when you want to access the particular index property of the repeating object, you must use "index".

Make sense?

Niall

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to Pepperpotsman

Hi,

Nearly there! I think this version of the script is closer to what you want:

var myIndex = this.parent.index;

var myPage = myIndex+1;

var myName =  xfa.resolveNode("Page1["+ myIndex +"].Header.Name").rawValue;

myName = name.substring(name.indexOf("/")+1,name.length) ;

if(_Page1.count >= myPage){this.rawValue = myName;}

Check out where I am using the variables

The one thing I can't follow is the second last line. Again you are using a reserved word "name", in an incorrect context.

Niall

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points